The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Where to find downpipe gasket?

Where would I be able to find a downpipe->o2 housing gasket locally.

Autozone says that I'm crazy and should go smoke some crack because what I want doesn't exist. Seemings how I am out of crack, I need this bloody gasket. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

I found the dealership to be the best place for seals and gaskets. Affordable too. I wouldn't even waste my time at auto zone.
Just have your VIN# ready, and they'll find just what you need....usually. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

fivestardsm

Quoting chicagoboostin:
Where would I be able to find a downpipe->o2 housing gasket locally.

Autozone says that I'm crazy and should go smoke some crack because what I want doesn't exist. Seemings how I am out of crack, I need this bloody gasket. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

I went into my local autozone and just went through the gaskets until I found one that matched what I needed. It ended up being a cat gasket from a GM.

What size are you dealing with becasue I think I still have th epart# from the gasket in the glove box. Is it a stock DP, or even a stock o2? a little more info would help alot here.

Gimpin

+1 I think I even found the the DSM cat gaskets worked with only minor altering of the 2 bolt holes

3" downpipe with a Tubular o2 housing (2 bolt)

I'll take whatever gasket I can get though, if I have to port it I will. The car is soooo close to finished.

fivestardsm, I'd love for you to swing that part # my way!

I just hate dealing with the auto zone near me, there all idiots. They told me my car didn't have a head gasket.. only a header gasket, so needless to say that ended up in a part counter brawl.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lonewolf64

If you can't find it locally, JNZ has them in stock and will actually understand what you are talking about instead of staring stupidly as it happens at autozone when you come in asking for a part that they can't look up by your car model. I've purchased mine from JNZ the last few times I've needed them.

turbowop

I always look through the gaskets that Autozone or Schucks have in stock to fine the correct size. I think I usually end up with some Ford gasket that is close and I just have to oval out the bolt holes.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts