The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

new owner of 713/1000 (updated 6-5-11 w/ pics)

4wheelsqueal

For those of you keeping track at home, this is #4 in my stable of vr4's. i also have 555/2000, 1049/2000, and 1945/2000. This is my final vr4! Many thanks to Polskivr4 for the great deal and the help loading the shell. Will post pics later when their loaded in the computer. Just dropped motor and tranny from 1049/2000 in 713/1000. this one is much closer to running than 1049 is so she'll be sitting another winter in storage.

Last edited:

fivestardsm

Wheres the pics? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

4wheelsqueal

gonna try and get back over to install transfer case and axles tomorrow. am glad to be back at work after 11 month layoff but now it's finish projects like this. shouldn't complain, i know. just getting impatient for it to be done. will upload more when more is done.

4wheelsqueal

some parts found their way onto the car today. hoping to have it running by this weekend.

PolskiVR4

WOw looking so good, miss her already. Here's the pics you wanted.

4wheelsqueal

Thanks much for posting those pictures! have had all my vr4s on the trailer in the last month and a half. having this many is fun but sucks at times like trying to find parking spots for them all. have reduced my mistu fleet by a couple but still have too many! will be working on this a little the rest of the week but planning on a good four or five hours on saturday to have it close to, if not, running saturday afternoon. will probably still have little things to work out but what else is new?

Last edited:

PolskiVR4

Any updates? Im super curious.

4wheelsqueal

Oops! forgot to update. she drove home after a very long day of wrenching last saturday. started at 7:00am and had the thing together except for coolant by 8:30pm. upon filling it with coolant, it started leaking at the seal on the waterpipe whhere it goes into the waterpump. guess the new seal that i received from bumper to bumper wasn't quite the same. so after tearing the turbo and exhaust manifold back off, swaping o-rings with a used by nearly new oem o-ring, and reassembling it, i drove it the quarter-mile home at 2:00am sunday! still have to weld the exhaust up, replace the driver's lower balljoint, and put the new intake on it when it comes. going to pull the evo rear seat and maybe the front seats. don't want my 1 year old son making a mess of the cloth and don't really want the fronts getting all dirty this winter. they will be back in next spring. will post pics later this weekend or monday.

Last edited:

4wheelsqueal

the mistubishi curse has hit 713. one of the 4ws lines blew up this afternoon when i went to move the car. this comes after 555's tcase started leaking out a brand new seal around the driveshaft. what a weekend.

I'm having the same dilema.......damn those rear steer lines! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

4wheelsqueal

I hear ya! now i'm playing the, "do i delete or replace" game.

Have fun with that one. I've been playing for a month now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

since we are on the subject of rear steer lines. my car came with them blocked off. cant be safe can it?

PolskiVR4

Quoting 4wheelsqueal:
the mistubishi curse has hit 713. one of the 4ws lines blew up this afternoon when i went to move the car. this comes after 555's tcase started leaking out a brand new seal around the driveshaft. what a weekend.

Really?! That's no god to hear but its def overshadowed by the fact that the car is finally running. Great job.

4wheelsqueal

Yeah i'm glad that it's running too. will put pics up later. and when you look at them, polski, you'll notice i used your plugs wires. i bought you a brand new set since then. wanted to have it run and wasn't going to go home again to find a set. and i haven't started searching on the 4ws delete yet to see if it's safe to just block off the lines and leave the rear rack in. will post what i find and decide to do.

Last edited:

PolskiVR4

Its fine about the spark plugs. Just consider them a gift. Unless you already bought more.

I know of a couple people who have did this on this forum. Some oil plugs and some welding......I'll try to figure more out from them exactly how they did it.

4wheelsqueal

finally found time to update this thread. good news: installed the stock intake and welded up the exhaust. bad news: blew a rear brake line on the way to the shop to weld up the exhaust. Grrrrr! at least with the rims off the 555, it looks good.

4wheelsqueal

WARNING! THE FOLLOWING PICTURES CONTAIN LARGE AMOUNTS OF SRUFACE RUST!
yes there is lots of rust on the underside of 713/1000. the good news is it's all surface rust. the lines, on the other hand, did not fair so well. from behind the rear seat back the lines had pretty much fallen apart. the 4ws rack was a mass of rust. so as of today, the 4ws subframe has been completely removed and replaced with a 60,000 mile dsm rear subframe. could have used a little paint but that can wait till spring when i clean the rust off and por 15 the whole underside of the car. also completely eliminated the abs except for the idot light in the gauges. cruise control is gone as well, replaced with new factory non-cruise cable. so as long as nothing leaks when it's filled, all thats left is to replace the front drivers lower balljoint and install some jdm goodies that i picked up today, in the form of switchable tranny and switchable t-case. this will be going in next friday. and now for the pictures...

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts