The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

broken tranny

gmp

So,
i was driving around doing errands yesterday driving real easy.I went to shift from 1st to 2nd and the clutch pedal went to the floor.So i thought sh*t master cly. or maybe a busted hose.I pulled over and looked under the car only to find no leak but did see the master cly was pushed way out on the "throw-out bearning fork?".I figured maybe it just got stuck so i wiggled it and BAM!the bottom half of the fork comes out broken hhaha....
if i didn't have bad luck i would have none at all.
pictures to come

Anyways i have a spare tranny i can steal a replacement from.I'm just wondering has anyone done this,and does someone make a stronger replacement?

thanks
gmp

213of1000 is truley cursed with me owning it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Last edited:

Barnes

This not terribly uncommon. Mitsubishi redesigned the clutch fork to something much stronger. You probably had the old style fork. Buy a NEW updated fork and fulcrum ball.

turbowop

That's still more of a clutch related item than a transmission piece. Just get a new factory one as well as a new fulcrum ball and install them.

gmp

ok great thanks fellas,can i get this thru mitsu or should i go to somone else?

turbowop

I don't think they're terribly expensive. I get a discount at my local dealer so most stuff I buy through them. If you don't get a deal, just go through JNZ or another DSM parts supplier.

boostedinaz

Try a local dealer or JNZ. A few years back when I bought new ones I think the set was about 60.00, but like I said that was a few years ago.

rgeier11

Everything will cost you less than $100 including good transmission fluid. I had this happen in my Talon after only 20 miles on a new engine rebuild. Had to rip it all apart again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

gmp

ah that ould sucj i have aleast gotten 3000 out of the tranny sense it was out of the car.Well i been sick for the last few days but i think ill run up to the mitsu dealer today to see what i can come up with. thanks guys

belize1334

You can also get a new ball and fork from RoadRaceEngineering.com. They recommend them with all of their clutch replacements so they have a bunch in stock at any given time.

DSSA

gmp

i got a deal from a mitsu dealer here in town, thanks for the price and the reponse...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned