The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New to GalantVR4 - my recently acquired GSX

iriaf2001

Hello

Im new here to this forum, below is my Galant GSX. In the process of replacing the seized motor with a good 4G63 from an Eagle Talon. I just wanted to introduce myself. Thanks!

Welcome. Just watch your spelling and grammar whatever you do. The wop hunts this territory. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

prove_it

Your just drawing attention to yourself.

Nice looking GSX too!

Quoting Dbossman:
Welcome. Just watch your spelling and grammar whatever you do. The wop hunts this territory. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

You're just asking for it. You're saying this to EVERY newbie you come across. Don't complain if you get a reply on your comment.....

It isn't like you aren't allowed to make misstakes in your spelling and/or grammar. But this isn't a streetcorner n'or is it msn/yahoo messenger or whatever. The mods on this forum(and even wop) are quite easy, so there isn't anything to complain about. Just make sure everyone can read your replies/threads and you won't have comment(s) about it. If i'm able to do that, even though English isn't my first language, you guys should be able to do that for sure.

ontopic; welcome! Post some more pics of your GSX /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

fivestardsm

NIce looking GGSX I always liked the Gold/ puter. Here is a pic of another members here just for a little incentive.

fivestardsm

Hey, and you never know, but yours might have been the one in the movie Rookie of the year. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

toybreaker

iconoclast
Quoting prove_it:
Your just drawing attention to yourself.

It's important that one is completely, totally, absolutively, positivilly, incontrifortabbly, correct when they point out any errors in someone elses grammah...

... otherwise the fickle hand of fate will hoist you with your own petard...

In this case, the contraction, "you are" has been incorrectly contratorified into the expression possessive noun, "your"

This is not most assuredly not correct.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Moral to the story is simple,

We don't sweat the small stuff here.

Just make an effort and you'll be welcomed...

... post like an angry young tOOner and it will will take years of therapy to get to where you can even look at something faster than a my little pony big wheel without breaking into a cold sweat after this board get's thru with you...

Last edited:

toybreaker

iconoclast
Quoting iriaf2001:

Nice!

Looks like a solid platform to build from.

There's a wealth of information on this board about your swap, including many threads on driveline mods. Your ggsx has a different tranny and rear end than your dsm donor car, so some care will be required to match all your pieces.

Take your time and do it right! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Good luck, welcome to the board, and post some pics of the build!

iriaf2001

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I hope to learn alot from all of you in this forum. Im new to the 4G63 as I mostly worked on Toyota Supra, Celica All-Trac and Camry All-Trac. Im addicted to All-wheel-drives! I hope this GSX project goes well. For now I will keep it stock and start with getting the siezed motor replaced. My DSM donor is just a Front-wheel drive so Im only interested in the motor....anyone looking for a DSM shell?.....I will keep posting build pics...but first here are some pics when I picked her up last summer.

Found her as is in Utica Ohio on these first two pics:

Towing her home, bur first a stop at the Velvet Ice Cream Factory in Utica Ohio

iriaf2001

Pics of the build! Got the engine ready, with new Timing-Belt, front and rear crankshaft seals, camshaft oil seals, tensioners\pulleys.....

SmoothCustomer

That's good stuff. I'm hoping to do the same swap this spring if all goes well. Out of curiosity, did you end up going with ggsx trans and rear end or dsm trans and rear end? I will be going with the dsm trans and a 4 bolt lsd rear hopefully, because from what I hear the ggsx driveline stuff is just awful. Good luck.

iriaf2001

So far my GSX is all stock. The motor is from an Eagle Talon. It is non-turbo. It was an old car I had sitting around and had though about junking it but when I found this GSX I finally had a use for the Talon motor. For now I just wanted to get the GSX running for the winter. I want the Galant All-Wheel-Drive experience this winter! Its been a fun summer project, have fun and good luck on your project as well.

newpoppop

cool. mine is the same color. I still need to find out what that color is actually called... but mine is almost an exact double, sale rust in the same spots. had to swap in another engine also. (don't ask) then we had a problem with the donor, apparently it got wet, and the clutch disk rusted to the PP. all is good now, just waiting for the output shaft seal, and it will be together again. just talking to Terry to get the ECU recapped and cleaned up as well...

Good luck...

Chris

JSchleim18

The Galant GS-X Drivetrain is good for a stock Galant GS-X or a swapped turbo motor that is relatively stock. Any more power, and the Galant GS-X trans can't handle it. The good thing about the GGS-X trans is that it is taller so you'll be more comfortable on the highway with it. You should also get better MPG because of the gearing.

Good luck with the car!

welcome to the group, the first gold galant gsx with the 5lug swap is mine, gold has grown on me, i even had a poll and the members convinced me to leave it that color. there is a wealth of knowledge here, use the search function or just ask around. if you need any gsx parts, let me know. hey....its old and its gold, but it works. lol

iriaf2001

Update: Engine install completed. She is a runner!!! There are still some quirks to work out. It stalls after starting her, initially idled very high...then stalled....after that she just stalls when I start her. Also it seems Im not getting lights on my front corner lenses, the turn lights flash on the bumpter and tails but no lights on the corner lenses...also blower motor does not turn on. So far all the fuses are good. Havent dug deeper into it but I hope I can get some info here about those issues.

newpoppop

It is called Nairobi Beige.

Sold a mess of them.

Cool. thanks Mark...

1990ggsxnj

Quoting JSchleim18:
The Galant GS-X Drivetrain is good for a stock Galant GS-X or a swapped turbo motor that is relatively stock. Any more power, and the Galant GS-X trans can't handle it. The good thing about the GGS-X trans is that it is taller so you'll be more comfortable on the highway with it. You should also get better MPG because of the gearing.

Good luck with the car!

I've had two GGSX's and neither have longer gears, which is what I assume you were talking about in regard to the trans. They both hovered around 3500rpm at 65mph.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned