The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

where is the fuel regulater

can some one please tell me where the fuel regulater is in a 1989 vr4 imported galant

any help many thanks.

TylerAdamson

Assuming its a 4g63 motor, it should be on the timing belt side of the fuel rail.

thanks heaps tyler have been trying to nut out no fule going through injectors and my last guess is not enough fule presure replaced fuel pump with one out of a magna.
and have spark and power at injectors and will fire with fuel spray into throttle boddy

will let you know how i go with it

cheers

forman

Quoting FORMAN:
thanks heaps tyler have been trying to nut out no fule going through injectors and my last guess is not enough fule presure replaced fuel pump with one out of a magna.
and have spark and power at injectors and will fire with fuel spray into throttle boddy

will let you know how i go with it

cheers

forman

Try to use "normal" English. Most people don't like having to decypher your message and won't read/reply to it.

Anyway, your Fuel Pressure regulator is on the timing belt side of your fuel rail. Pretty easy to spot.

Ok firstly

Mr galantgti sorry for missing punctuation in my very first hasty post

Secondly

Thanks heaps TylerAdamson the car is now running great

Thirdly

I tried to explain that every thing was working correctly. Like fuel up to the injection fuel rail. The motor would start if an injector cleaner was sprayed into the throttle body. I thought that not enough fuel pressure was there to spray though the injectors. I was also informed that the injectors were working on my friend’s car; to witch this post was for.

I tested the injectors and fuel reg today and found that the injectors were in fact not firing at all. I then pulled out the ECU and found that a chip in the ECU had in fact exploded. I fitted a replacement ECU and now he is happy as pig in sh*t.

Again thanks heaps to TylerAdamson for taking the time read my post and help me out.

I would also like to thank every one else on the forum and the creator of this site as we can now have fun with our galant VR4 Jap imports.

Regards

Forman

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned