The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

balance shaft belt question

Corrected post, so my balance shaft belt was replaced 10,000 Miles ago and looks good and I have replaced the waterpump today and have a spare new mitsu timing belt which I'm gonna put on since I have it. Was just wondering since balance shaft belt looks good should I replace it.and I don't like the balance shaft removal not a big fan of the vibration.

Last edited by a moderator:

Barnes

Umm. I recommend you repost your question with more emphasis on english. Do you speak it?

It sounds like you are asking if you should replace your balance shaft belt since you are apprently replacing your water pump and timing belt? My first recommendation would be to remove your balance shafts, thus negating the need for a belt. However, since I suspect you are not quite at that level of capability, I suggest you also replace the balance shaft belt, for peace of mind since you will already be in there.

turbowop

Not a big fan of the vibration? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Both my cars have deleted balance shafts. I feel no difference. Srsly.

I would go ahead and replace it since you're replacing everything else. You're already in there...may as well. If you're in a crunch and need the car running and have to wait and order a BS belt, then don't worry about it. Just make a note somewhere so you know the BS belt is 10k older than the timing belt.

Last edited:

Wow yeah my room mate had it removed on his vr4 maybe something else hope not for his sake yeah don't have much time and little money right now but ill look into finding someone to remove it properly in the near future thanks for the advice

The positive's outwiegh the negative's!! I haven't experianced must change in vibration either!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

gvr4ever

I just did the BS removal on my car. I was afraid when I started it, the steering wheel would feel like a old Toyota truck or something. It's still really smooth. Maybe a touch more vibration, but not enough to complain about. I'm actually one of the picky guys on this forum. While some have drag cars and cars more built for race, I went more for sport touring. I'm picky about the clutch not being too heavy, the ride being smooth. So, if the vibrations were annoying, it would bug me, but it's still really smooth.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned