The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Whats up from Louisiana

talon

Whats up?

I just picked up a 1992 Galant VR4 for $600 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I know cheap right? The guy just wanted to get rid of it...so I snatched that bad boy up. The car needs a little TLC. To run it will need a manifold, turbo & intercooler. I have enough spare parts to slap it together to see how well it will actually run.

I'm no noob to DSM's. I currently have an 90 Talon Tsi and a 90 Eclipse GST. I run my own shop on the side doing mainly DSM's. I also have my own website/forum for Louisiana DSM'ers...but we welcome people from around the globe. (www.dsmnation.com)

Only problem I'm having at the moment is where to find some parts, I know 95% of 1g parts will fit.

I have a brand new Megan 3" Turbo back exhaust (with O2 housing) that I would like to put on the car, but its for a 1g. Isn't the Galants longer than the 1g's?

Thanks
~Talon

SmoothCustomer

Yeah, but just lengthen up the mid section of it a couple inches (I forget exactly how many) and you will be fine. And I'm assuming that a mod is going to move this to the newbie section pretty soon...

Barnes

Welcome! But remember, these aren't DSM's! But I know what you mean. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Let us know how progress goes. If you send iceman69510 a PM with your VIN, he can add it to the registry. Thanks for joining. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

147/1000

Where In denham are you from and where is your shop?? I am from denham also. I have alot of spare parts lmk if you need something I might have it.

Brunoboy

that would make it a 91 vr4. not a 92. but hey welcome, i saw your post on tuners.
-Shane

talon

Yeah, thats what they told me. It had to have had a dash swap because the title says 92. I gota check the vin plates.

talon

Here are some pics. The interior is acutally in really good condition, its just dusty and dirty at the moment. Car needs new hood, and a stock wing..I dont like the Evo III wing. The front bumper was removed to take off the FMIC.

talon

Well I got the car home today. Started installing my Evo III turbo setup. I decided before I got too involved to try and start the car to see what was up. It started, but has a rod knock....a really bad one! So on to plan B.

talon

Its been a while sense I posted any updates on the car.

I went to the junkyard and actually found a few LS Galants, and pulled some parts off. I have a new hood and mirror, and bought a stock GVR rear wing from curtis.

I have installed a 1g DSM rear subframe and Viscous LSD 4 bolt rear end, with new rear subframe and mustache bar bushings.

The motor is almost finished, I just need a few more parts to get her together.
Mod List:
TD05 20g
Full ARP hardware
272 Delta Cams
Adjustable cam gears
ACL Race bearings (mains and rods)
2g pistons
stock rods
stock crank
crank scraper
750cc Injectors
DSMLink V3

Head:
Ported and Polished
3 angle valves
1mm oversized exhaust valves (now exhaust and intake valve are the same)
Manley springs and retainers

Last edited:

Welcome to the org. Sounds like you have solid 4g63 when your done......and what better chassis than a e39a.
Did you get the original rims?
Might as well eliminate the BS's while your in there. Check out your ecu too, unless it's already been chipped and socketed.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts