The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

+35 offset wheels

Tre3zy

just wondering if anyone here have a +35 offset wheels on your vr4... if you guys do you have any pics???? im planning on putting a +35 17x7.7 or 17x8 wheels on my.... will the offset be too much or not???? thnx guys

iLLeffeKt vr-4

17x8 with 35mm offset will stick out a bit in the front.
17x7.7? You mean 17x7.5 right?

Here are some pics of my car when I had 17x8 35mm offset rims with 245/40-17 tires:

Last edited:

You want 38 to 45 mm with an 8-inch rim width. The 35 mm is fine for clearance on the back side but it will stick out slightly.
Mike R.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tre3zy

Quoting iLLeffeKt vr-4:
17x8 with 35mm offset will stick out a bit in the front.
17x7.7? You mean 17x7.5 right?

Here are some pics of my car when I had 17x8 35mm offset rims with 245/40-17 tires:

yea ive notice how it is sticking out a bit in the front.... but not too bad though.... it looks clean.... anyways does it rub on the front when you go thru big bumps or not????

turbowop

If you camber in the front they won't stick out at all. Click the link in my sig to see what my 17x8's look like. I run negative 2.3 degrees camber p front.

I'd post pics directly, but I'm on my phone which makes that a pain in the ass.

iLLeffeKt vr-4

My setup never rubbed however I was running HotBits coilovers which are considerably stiffer than the stock vr4 suspension. But even driving through the pot hole infested NYC it never rubbed.
At the time I was running about -.5* of camber. I'm sure with -2* or more it would of tucked in nicely just like Turbowop's car.

turbowop

Some of the pics in my member's ride section are with less camber and dont' tuck completely. I added more camber a few weeks ago.

Here is a better shot of the current front camber:

Last edited:

Tre3zy

nice turbowops car is the kind of setup im looking for.... my bad bro if im trying to copy "drop" and "look" of your car.... just that bronze or gold rims on a green vr4 looks really nice in my opinion.... my vr4 is green too and im planning on putting some gold rota torque on them or rota grids.... havent decided yet but once i do ill post up some pix on it....

bustedsm

35mm offset I think

2694675412_8a9fbf2fa1_b.jpg

2694671664_dccb18378b_b.jpg

2693852391_517d8d1346_b.jpg

cheekychimp

Quoting turbowop:
Some of the pics in my member's ride section are with less camber and dont' tuck completely. I added more camber a few weeks ago.

Here is a better shot of the current front camber:

Mark,

Does running negative 2.3 camber create any uneven tyre wear issues?

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Negative camber will not kill the tires quickly if the toe is set to 0.

turbowop

My tires wear out faster from dry rot than they do from negative camber since I don't put a whole lot of miles on the car. It's due for tire replacement now, and the damn things have tons of tread left. And as iLLeffeKt vr-4 mentioned, as long as the toe is set to zero, it's not a huge issue. Toe in/out is the real tire killer.

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Drove with -4* of camber on my gsx for quite a while until I got the adjustable Ingalls arms. The tread was even all the way across. Toe was set at 0.

cheekychimp

That's good to know, I think I can get away without flares in that case and just roll the fenders. Thanks.

Last edited:

turbowop

What size rubber are you running, Paul? Karter has 255's on his car using 17x8.5's and with some suspension work and camber got his to tuck under the fenders.

cheekychimp

Mark,

I'm not even running that wide. I'm pretty sure I have 245 on there. The rears tuck nicely but it is the fronts that sit proud. The problem I have right now is that I don't have adjustable strut/camber mounts on there. I have some now and I'll fit them and see if I can get the fronts to tuck as well. I need to check the offset too, I think it might be +38 on these rims.

turbowop

I have my Tein camber plates maxed out. That gave me a max negative camber of roughly -2 degrees. I used camber bolts on the upper hole of the lower strut mount to gain another -.3 degrees.

GVR-4

You probably don't drive your car enough to know this, Mark, but have you had any problems with the adjustable camber bolts moving on you?

iLLeffeKt vr-4

I ran adjustable camber bolts on the gsx and they didn't move. I even autoxed the car and they held up just ine, not to mention hitting countless potholes in nyc.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts