The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Can not build boost past 10.6 psi

I am running a GM 3" MAS with a translator box and 780cc injectors the orignal promblem fuel would cut out between 15 and 17 psi I had a stage 3 chip made to correct this problem but now I can only get 10.6 psi before the car cuts out acting like a rev limiter, Fuel ratio goes between 12.1 to 13.4 but does not cut off. Changing the settings in the translator box does not help does anyone have a clue what causes this, I am going to recheck the timing and change the plugs other than that the car is useless other a slow sunday drive.

belize1334

If you have it chipped I would guess that the fuel cut code is no longer present so it shouldn't be an airflow thing.

Check your timing. I once messed up my timing changing my tb (had to remove that bracket between IM and CAS) and I didn't realize it. The car wouldn't build more than 8 psi before it started bucking. Turns out that I was running like -10 base timing and the spark was just blowing out when the boost got high. I reset the timing and all was well.

Jesh

the CAS does it matter what angle its at or will the ECU automatically know?

Yes it matters. The angle of the CAS is used to set your timing. It should be at 5 BTDC at idle. Check VFAQ if you need more info as it has a nice writeup.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned