The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Which TB?? Oil Cooler?

I want to get a second throttle body to eliminate the ISC, which TB can I use?
I want to know what my options are, makes getting another one much easier.
1G only? or others work?

How about oil cooler?
whats my option?
90 oil cooler with filter housing?
is there any other setup?
such as stock evo cooler with gvr4 housing?

Sounds like easy question, but I want to know whats best and what I can get.

Terry Posten

Use your stock TB and get a FIAV/ISC block-off plate. They are $35 shipped and come with the correct length screws and a new o-ring gasket. They can be bought from www.throttlebodys.com The stock TB will support 500hp without modifications and bored out by that same place will support a lot more.

As far and as the oil cooler, the easiest is the 90 TEL setup. It is a bolt-on affair. If you want to be fancy, use the 90 oil filter housing and use an -10 lines and whatever core that will fit in your application.

Last edited:

I guess I'm pretty limited on the oil cooler.
I will search for the 90TEL setup.

I am looking to get a second TB to work on.
What are my options so that I can pull one out of a junkyard?

Or you can get some JB Weld and just cover the two holes in the bottom of the TB. One is for the TB heater and has coolant hoses running to it, the other is for the FIAV. Just put the JB Weld in there, then use the package to keep it level until it sets. You can also block off the EGR valve with just a piece of roof flashing.

belize1334

My first FIAV block-off plate was made from just cutting the pattern from an aluminum can. I made a stencil, cut out 3 of the same patter (for the triple layer goodness) and then bolted the housing together. People said that the aluminum would get hot and blow out but it saw 20psi regularly for about a year like that w/ no problems.

I would definitely recommend getting (or making) a plate that blocks the FIAV but leaves the ISC intact. The way I see it if your ISC is functional there is ZERO downside to leaving it. The FIAV on the other hand is a worthless waste and even in -20F weather I've never regretted letting it go.

jepherz

Staff member
People usually say the aluminum can idea is bad when blocking off the EGR. I've never heard the same for the FIAV /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts