The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Wategate solenoid restrictor removal ?

click

This was found on the RRE upgrade path; mentions removing the wastegate solenoid restricor for a 2g? Is this something I can do with my 91 gvr-4?

Yes, the output side of our BCS has a restrictor inside. Just be very careful trying to remove it, so you don't break the nipple of the BCS. Its good for an extra 1-2 psi, as it will allow more boost to bleed off before the wastegate opens.

toybreaker

iconoclast
I've had the best luck using a teeny little wood screw that doesn't have a lot of taper to it.

Just thread it in until the restricter/insert starts to turn, and then twist and pull, and it usually comes right out.

dsmer06

Quoting toybreaker:
I've had the best luck using a teeny little wood screw that doesn't have a lot of taper to it.

Just thread it in until the restricter/insert starts to turn, and then twist and pull, and it usually comes right out.

That's exactly how I did it.

I could never tell a difference though, might as well buy a boost controller. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned