The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

stupid window trim leak HELP!!

throughfaith323

hey guys. months ago i noticed a REALLY REALLY bad leak coming in my car. i took the door panel off and saw that my plastic bag was rotted. after spraying the car down with water i saw that this was the reason water was coming in.

put new plastic on it just to stop it for the time being. today i redid it and it came out pretty good. sprayed it down and water stayed out of the car but still comes in because window trim is old and is either a crappy design or shrank badly from sun and whatnot.

as you can see these gaping holes is why water is going into the door...right now with my new plastic put on and sealed good my problem is solved but i would like to do something to stop some water from coming in these holes. the obvious solution is park in garage or under a tent thing but i don't have either and i hate car covers. i think this trim is NLA :/ ...if it isn't, would new ones go further than the ones i have now and cover the holes where rain is coming in? if they are NLA what do you guys think i should do. i have some idea but i'm asking in case your ideas are better and if you've had this problem.

any help would be great.

thanks guys
ed

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
The design is not intended to keep out water 100%. Keep the plastic liner in place and make sure the door drains at the bottom are not blocked with dirt or debris.

I don't see a way to block those that wouldn't interfere with window operation.

throughfaith323

Quote:
The design is not intended to keep out water 100%. Keep the plastic liner in place and make sure the door drains at the bottom are not blocked with dirt or debris.

I don't see a way to block those that wouldn't interfere with window operation.

yea its an old design which stinks. thanks for confirming that. on newer things the trim goes behind the other trim on the door in attempt to keep most of the water out. guess i'll just try and find a cheap tent structure or something. its prob worth the money so that snow and leaves stay away too. my car is a mess from spring /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

i blew out the bottom and it was good to see that there was really no debris /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. now i just have to work on a good plastic seal behind the plastic speaker mount/cover.

thank you for the post.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts