The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

help urgent mn guys

dsmless

Im here at the mn motorplex looking 4 any members my car is broke dwn here as i pulled in texting ths please call me need help 763 438 5052 sam

CarRacer

Toybreaker helped me narrow it down to the CAS. Sam washed the car and a little water got into the sensor.

A new greentop CAS would help out a ton.

toybreaker

iconoclast
You're a good man for stopping to lend a hand, James. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Hopefully, Sam can get the car back to his house, and continue troubleshooting it there.

A good approach would be to disconnect the battery, and then go thru the harness systematically, disconnecting and drying each connectopr/component as you go.

Then, you can plug everything back in and try again.

It would be an especilally good idea to make sure the spark plug wells are all clean and dry, and the ends of the coil on plug expetensions are clean and dry. A little di-electric grease on the booots will help them go on and off th pluds smoothly and easily.

If the plugs got seriouslly soaked with fuel, a little brake clean will help dry them. After you get it runing again, a new set of plugs may be a good ideea as well, as a plug will sometimes glaze over and give a missfire after this kind of misadventure.

Good luck, and I hope you guys can get if figured out quickly. If you end up needing a cas or other parts, and can't find them locally, leet me know and I'll get one in the mail early next week.

2of9

i hope it went well man. sucks that i wasnt at the meet! my body gave up on me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

dsmless

A big thanks to everyone that called me to see if I got my car running, and a big thanks to James, a really good guy he didnt even know me and ran to my car to start troubleshooting without asking my name, a real stand up guy, we narrowerd the problem down to a wet and bad cas sensor, so i had to eat the tow bill the guy helped out and only charged 100 bucks to my house 28 miles away even on a holiday weekend, a thanks to Josh from the dsm chapter here (mitsustyle) he sold me a cas for 30 bucks and even took it to my work just to get me going, installed the cas and a minute later was driving the beastie again, took it to the local cruise spot last night without a problem, aain a big thanks fro everyone helping out here really good welcome, what sucks is that the car died infront of all the audi and bmw guys right at the entrance to the place, but the owners (big buck people) helped out and were cool. Hope to see everyone soon
A note to self next engine wash---plastic bag the cas

Lonewolf64

Glad to see you get everything going again Sam. Will we see you at any more VA gatherings or are you now transferred back to MN permanently?

CarRacer

I'd love to take the credit, but I was just the messenger. I was out of ideas after swapping the ignition igniter. Luckily, Rausch and Toybreaker took time out of their holiday weekend to help troubleshoot the issue over the phone. Glad to hear you got it running.

Nartanian

Sweet, great to hear the car is up and running.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned