The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

new #167/2000

hi everyone my names ryan. i bought my first gvr4 the other day from steveVR4. what a fun car! right now im just tring to get everything up to par. its going to be daily driven so other then the stuff thats on the car now i dont really have any big plans other then a 4 bolt rear. i do have one question though. other then hood pins how can i get the OEM hood to stop flapping all over the place?

also im live in central jersey so let me know if/when you other jersey guys have a meet.

Last edited by a moderator:

toybreaker

iconoclast
There's little rubber snubbers on the radiator support that can be rotated out to get the hood squared away. Be carefull to not come out too far, or you'll put undue tensoin on the hood, and it might not lathc correctly.

The hinges may also be loose. Pull up at the back of the hood, and if it movves much, source anew or used set.

Welcome to the board!

Last edited:

jepherz

Staff member
Just a warning, since Steve owned that car, you've got your work cut out for you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Welcome to the board!

steve

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Hey I had way more luck with that car than most people have with theirs!

Ryan I have noticed that too. The only other option aside from turning the little stoppers up, would be to move the latch down. Its not adjustable though, but maybe you can come up with something.

Where abouts in central jersey are you? I think most everyone is in north jersey except for me and one other down south.

i live in clark. its right next to rahway, linden, cranford, westfield, ect. Dont know if any of these ring a bell.

atc250r

Staff member
I've done a little work on Steve's car over the years and the rubber stoppers aren't the problem. The latch holes need to be opened up and the latch moved down. If you crank the stoppers up enough to stop the flutter then the hood won't line up properly with the top of the fenders.

John

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned