The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Cyclone, Magnus, or Stock

Has anyone had considerable differences with a cyclone or Magnus intake manifold?

It all depends what you are looking for. The Cyclone adds more lowend torque, perhaps faster spool, and the Magnus, when used along with cams and the other appropriate mods, adds more airflow on top, for more HP at a higher rpm.

Terrance362

Hey I know that you have questions but the best way to get some answers is to use the "Search" icon it helps out.....But as far as the magnus I have read over and over that they crack and people have to get them rewelded....Look into Jmf or even talk to Curtis on the fourms about cyclone manifolds /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

onesickcrx

I would highly recommend JMF JMfabrications.com I had them do a lot of custom work for me. There work is top notch.

turbowop

Quoting Terrance362:
But as far as the magnus I have read over and over that they crack and people have to get them rewelded

My Magnus manifold has yet to crack after a sh*t-ton of 30psi abuse. They do just fine. Do you personally know people that have had to have them rewelded? Did they nitrous backfire into the manifold? If all you're posting is "what you've read" then you should probably STFU.

Last edited:

TakumiJr

My Magnus manifold never cracked either, but I've seen them crack but mostly from the first batch ever made though.

Last edited:

Terrance362

wow turbowop...well I have not personaly own a magnus and I realisticly never will because a jmf is the same price and don't start crying on me, it was just a suggestion.

BoostedAWD91

Quoting onesickcrx:
I would highly recommend JMF JMfabrications.com I had them do a lot of custom work for me. There work is top notch.

+1

4thStroke

Import Evolution just had a group buy on the JMF manifolds. I snagged an unpolished 1g TB street manifold for $450 shipped.

You might want to give them a call and see if they will have extras or if someone has bailed.

turbowop

Quoting Terrance362:
wow turbowop...well I have not personaly own a magnus and I realisticly never will because a jmf is the same price and don't start crying on me, it was just a suggestion.

So is it really necessary to sh*t-talk the Magnus in order to sackride the JMFab manifold? I like the JMF stuff as well, but I don't go around spouting bullshit about other brands in order to further promote my suggestion.

Besides the fact that they've been out forever and any issues were with early versions, cracking problems with the Magnus are few and far between and usually caused by something violent like a nitrous backfire. Not to mention that Marco will take care of it by fixing or replacing one with an issue. If you wanna promote your favorite flavor, go ahead. Use some numbers to back it up. No need to talk out of your ass about something you've only ever read about on the internet. I could point you towards a sh*t-ton of people that have made power and have had zero cracking issues with their Magnus manifolds.

onesickcrx

Just throwing this out there I believe there is a JMF race intake mani for sale in the for sales section of our forum

I have nothing against mangus I think there parts are very good. It all comes down to prefernce, I had JMF build all the exhaust and intake peace on my car. So sack rider or not there stuff is high quilty thats why I went threw them.

slugsgomoo

Quoting turbowop:
Quoting Terrance362:

So is it really necessary to sh*t-talk the Magnus in order to sackride the JMFab manifold? I like the JMF stuff as well, but I don't go around spouting bullshit about other brands in order to further promote my suggestion.

Besides the fact that they've been out forever and any issues were with early versions, cracking problems with the Magnus are few and far between and usually caused by something violent like a nitrous backfire. Not to mention that Marco will take care of it by fixing or replacing one with an issue. If you wanna promote your favorite flavor, go ahead. Use some numbers to back it up. No need to talk out of your ass about something you've only ever read about on the internet. I could point you towards a sh*t-ton of people that have made power and have had zero cracking issues with their Magnus manifolds.

bowrofl.gif

I've personally witnessed nearly 40psi through a magnus with a 75lb/min turbo and no cracks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Anything over a evo3 turbo i would get a mangus / JMF. But if you plan on staying with a MHI turbo i would rock the cyclone. I love mine and have had 0 problems. Once i upgrade the turbo one day i will probbly switch to either a mangus or jmf, they are both great manifolds.

Terrance362

hey thanks for the sh*t talking /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I really needed that, but to honest if I had the chance to get either one. (just not a real old one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

smim/big cams/50 trim or larger turbo = a whole other driving experience. Top end is great.

When a 16g is dying off and you want more it's the way to go.

Brianawd

They are really hard to find but if you can look for a Extreme motorspots aka Hogan. Thats what I have on my car and love it. Gives me a supper nice power band for the turbo I have.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned