The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1G intake??

I just got done installing a 1G intake and relocated my redtop where original air canister goes. I am waiting for Evo8 FMIC and piping to be installed hopefully by end of july. Has anybody done this setup feel any difference?
I had to remove the stock fan to make it fit. does this sound correct?
I can tell the intake much more clearer during boost. Thats about it.
Let me know what you think?

i still have my stock fan in and its tight. i keep planning to replace it but still haven't.

1990ggsxnj

Quoting FaTsLuG:
i still have my stock fan in and its tight. i keep planning to replace it but still haven't.

I'm currenly using a 1g intake too...upgraded from the 1g stock to 3" aluminum. Either will fit with some knuckle busting. I've been looking for a fan as well.

Last edited:

Just a piece of stainless sheet cut to fit a redtop.
I will get a metal bracket made to hold it down better.
I drove it to work n everything seems to work fine. Would it over heat because the fan is removed? throttle response is much better.

Brunoboy

Quoting UltraVr4:
I just got done installing a 1G intake and relocated my redtop where original air canister goes. I am waiting for Evo8 FMIC and piping to be installed hopefully by end of july. Has anybody done this setup feel any difference?
I had to remove the stock fan to make it fit. does this sound correct?
I can tell the intake much more clearer during boost. Thats about it.
Let me know what you think?

I have the Evo VIII IC and pipe kit , with a 1g intake assembly and my battery is relocated to the trunk. I feel a difference with the IC, but idk about the intake and relocation of the battery /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif aha

Does anybody know if the removal of the fan will affect the engine heat?
its been removed for last two days and gvr4 drives fine.
I just want to know if I should put the fan back?

belize1334

You can probably pull the AC fan with no ill effects. You really shouldn't drive a street car without the radiator fan. It'll be fine as long as there's airflow but the minute you're stuck at a red light in hot weather you're gonna quickly regret not having it.

Fan is going back in this week.
I have uncomfortable feeling about radiator fan not being there.
I have seen slight movement on the temp gauge.

Ian M

Yes,you will need the fan,it will heat up in traffic. I used to run stock 1g intake on my cars,I didn't need to remove the fan. I not clear on why you needed to remove it? I was using a reverse terminal (51r,similar dimensions to the stock 51) battery turned sideways in the stock location.

I don't remember how much seat of the pants difference going from a stock gvr4 intake to a stock 1g intake made,but FWIW I ran in the 12's with it on a 14b. However,going from the stock 1g intake to a "3 intake on both my cars made a noticible difference in spool,and I actually had to adjust the boost controller down a couple lbs to get the boost back where I had it. I never got back to the track to compare et though.

Hertz

Staff member
I had to pull my stock fan to get an intake to fit, but said car had core support damage.

Get a slim fan on there ASAP.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts