The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Front Lower Bushings Question

2of9

Hey all, I was thinking about getting these bushings. It says it's for a 1g. Do we use the same front (lower) bushings as the 1g AWD? The car tends to vibrate after a quick small bump on the road. The front rims has some play to it when I wiggle it..and i can clearly see that i need new bushings. Thanks!

click

Hertz

Staff member
They should be the same. I am not certain.

Are you sure this isn't a problem with wheel bearings? Tie-rod ends? Ball joints?

boostedinaz

Iteresting. They say it is for a 1G yet they show the 2G suspension.

Yes the bushing should be the same for a 1G and a GVR4. On my Talon the original motor leak oil and it killed that bushing making it very squishy. My alignment was all over the place and once I replaced it the car felt a 100% better.

I would go over the suspension to make sure you are actually fixing the problem and not just throwing parts at it.

2of9

thanks guys. I'll post up some pics of the bushing im talking about. ugh...just found out my passenger rear caliper might be sticking!!! ARHG!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned