The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Keydiver Chip Question

E943 GVR-4 NO FUELCUT
7500/6500 MAIN/NLTS REV LIMITERS
RESETS TO 4500 ON COLD BOOTUP
OCTANE RESET
EVO/3G MAS
780cc INJECTORS/312uS DEADTIME
950 RPM IDLE
PK CODE
KNOCKSUM GAUGE
NO AIRFLOW CAP
40 PSI AFPR
30% EXPANDED MAPS
11:1 OPENLOOP A/F
16* TIMING ON TOP MAP
EXPANDED CLOSED-LOOP

This is the chip that is in my car,was trying to figure out if it had a 2step.I do not see it listed though.Someone told me that you can adjust the 2 step by pressing the gas pedal with the car off by looking at factory boost guage??If i do this another light lights up with every push.Can anyone help me out here
Thanks,Chad

Rausch

If you're saying the led moves up one bar after each press, then yes, it should.

steve

Yep. Also requires that the clutch wire switch be wired to the ECU per keydiver instructions. If it doesn't bounce off the two step with the clutch in (somewhere around 4500-5500 rpm depending where you set it), then its not hooked up right.

Yes it lights up one light after one press,but does not 2 step when the clutch is in at stop and it's revved will have to check wiring.What does each L.E.D stand for when setting it??????????????

For some reason that I can't remember, Cy had me remove the stutterbox from his last chip. It could be that he was having issues with the speed sensor, or he may have been trying to troubleshoot a different issue, and wanted to rule out the stutterbox as the problem.

CP

^^^I had no use for a stutterbox, so I didn't have you burn it to the chip Jeff.

Chad: remember that one of those clutch switches is unplugged so you don't have to push the pedal in to start the car.

CarRacer

Quoting Aspod:
2-step should work without a clutch switch mod. The 3-step would need the clutch wire though.

is this true? I have the lower clutch switch disconnected like #1788. Do I need to do anything special to enable the two step?

ah the keydiver studderbox is nice you will love it if you get it burned into your chip. Very easy to wire in also. Make sure you cut the pin 104 wire.. i didnt and the car would not start...opps. I was out using mine tonight. I've found the 3rd setting works the best /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Lonewolf64

I've had the studderbox feature on my car for a while, but I did not know it is adjustable. How is it adjusted?

CarRacer

Motor off, ignition in on position. The led bar should light up, tap the gas to adjust it. I have no idea what the settings correspond to though.

steve

If you tap the gas and it doesn't adjust, your TB is probably not grounded.

Rausch

^ Or the closed idle switch is out of adjustment/not connected.

ok so i put the key in the on position and 2 of the lights light up but when i press the pedal they dont move. what should i look at to correct this problem?

steve

Hm, the TB may not be grounded for some reason? It was working. There's a wire with alligator clips going from the TB to a ground, make sure it didn't come loose. You should probably find a more proper way of grounding it. I suck. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

ok im going to try that tomorrow. the 2step does work. its set to like 5500, but i just cant get it to adjust.

click
The stutterbox selector uses the idle position switch on the throttlebody. Either your's is unplugged or misadjusted.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned