The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Cant find it.........

Diego

I tried searching and i cant find what im looking for. Im looking for the directions on how to re-time my motor with picures so i know that my marks are all there.... cause im sure ill need the pictures to go along with it... TIA

Diego

Diego

ok found what i need..... should i go TDC or should i retard 5deg? any weigh ins on pros or cons of this?

GVR4_1057

Do you mean cam timing or spark timing?

Diego

using the CAS to retard........so cam?

Just looking for consensual help im now finally going to retime my beast after letting it sit 6 months lonely......

gvr4ever

The directions are on vfaq.com

Just make sure to ground the diagnostic port on the fire wall. I like to use a whiteout pin on the timing marks. Take the pass tire off and mark the crank, then 5 on the timing guide.

A couple of tips. Make sure everything is warmed up, but make sure the fans are not on, power off the radio, everything. Make sure the vacuum to the FPR is on after a hot start, if you shut off for any reason.

Terry Posten

Well, suck your gut in and use a magnifying glass. It's there unless your girl already took it.

Rausch

Quote:
Cant find it.........

frank1

Quoting gvr4ever:
The directions are on vfaq.com

Just make sure to ground the diagnostic port on the fire wall. I like to use a whiteout pin on the timing marks. Take the pass tire off and mark the crank, then 5 on the timing guide.

A couple of tips. Make sure everything is warmed up, but make sure the fans are not on, power off the radio, everything. Make sure the vacuum to the FPR is on after a hot start, if you shut off for any reason.

^^^^^++++1

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned