The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

front bumper take off

hey guys sorry i bet this seems like a dumb Q? but i have a boost leak on the hot side of my intercooler,on the drivers side where the piping connects to my intercooler, when i boost leak tested the galant the boost gauge would only go up to 1lb and the air was rushing out of the drivers side of the intercooler. does anyone have any good info for taking the front bumper off? this is the first time that i had to take this off< any help would be much appreciated.

Check the How-To section.
Short run down:
Remove front turn signals in the bumper, there's a 14mm nut behind each one.
Remove the 10mm bolts at the corner of each side by the wheel, and the 10mm's below that that go to the bracket. Get under the bumper and look up by each frame rail and there is one bolt on each side, aside from the push pins holding the bumper to the core support that's about it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned