The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

few noob questions

Do all vr4's have 4 wheel steering? If so, what are the advantages and dis-advantages? Are there and performance parts stores online that have a lot of products for our cars? I'm looking specifically for an intake tube. Can't seem to find one. Next wuestion is: what is the stock fuel pressure on a gvr4? I assume its 43.7, but i'm just checking. Will the fuel pressure be at 43.7 at idle? or only once you step on the gas?

Thanks

Welcome! You found the right place...
Yes, all Galant VR4's came with 4ws but some choose to delete it. I think it's good for daily around town driving but at high speed or when you push the car really hard it can be unpredictable. Since our cars are 18 years old many of them have developed rusted or leaking lines for the rear rack. So lots of guys block off the lines, others delete the whole system. Most racers you find will also more than likely have deleted it as well.
We (Revolution Motorsport) specialize in 4g63's, as do several other places. RRE, PINA Motorsports, English Racing, Extreme PSI, DSG, MAPerformance, etc. are all shops that have extensive knowledge of this platform.
We carry an intake pipe from ETS that is specifically made for the GVR4. It's one of the only ones I know about. Feel free to PM me or call the shop @ 541-514-9539 for more info on that or any other parts.
Stock fuel pressure is 37psi. This should be checked with the car warmed up and idling, with the vacuum line REMOVED. 43.5psi if the base fuel pressure for 2G Eclipse GST/GSX. Your fuel pressure regulator should have a 1:1 rising rate. That means for every PSI of boost, you also get one more PSI of fuel pressure. IE: With a base fuel pressure of 37psi, @ 10psi of boost the fuel pressure should be 47psi.
Hope this helps!

1990ggsxnj

Lot's (including me) have moved the battery to accomodate a straighter run to the turbo from the filter which also allows you to (hint hint) use a DSM intake which is convenient if you already have one from being with them for a while.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts