The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Anyone have CM Performance Exhaust?

I was looking for a exhaust for my Galant and came across this. click

Not bad for a turbo back IMO.

GVR4_1057

I think that is certified muffler. I have one and it is a nice setup.

Muskrat

I have a 2.5" stainless system from Certified (if this is them). It's ok, but if I were to do it again I'd just have one built at a local shop.

My main issues were:
1) The "stainless" exhaust didn't come with stainless flanges. So the pipe looks great and the flanges are all rusted.
2) 3/4 of the hangers on the cat back portion didn't line up properly. They were off by inches, and one was scraping the drive shaft. I ended up cutting them off and putting my own on.

Wow that sux. How does it sound loud or quiet. By quiet I mean like Tanabe exhaust quiet. They are the only companies exhaust I would use.To bad they do not make a system for us. All though I wonder if a 1st gen AWD would fit with an extension pipe?

Muskrat

With the magna flow that came with it, and a high flow cat, it's pretty loud. A resonator or 2 should quiet it down.

Temporarily, I'm running a cheap $30 turbo muffler from Summit, and a resonator core tip, and it's fairly quiet (the engine is louder than the exhaust at idle).

A 1g exhaust will fit, it just needs to be extended between the cat and the first bend.

Last edited:

I have an All-stainless, V-band Turbo back I'm selling for way less then the CM setup, and it fits. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

4thStroke

Custom exhaust from a local shop FTW.

Mine was done in all one piece. Once my v-band stuff shows up, pulling the exhaust is literally a matter of backing one nut off and pulling it off the hangers. Right now its just the 2 nuts at the o2 housing.

CMPE is out of stock on dual tip mufflers right now. Hopefully they'll have them by tomorrow. In the meantime, this system is ready for sale Click Me

The out of round will be fixed & if you look closely at the pictures you'll see that the logo on the tips are off-centered.

Answer me these questiosns so I can get you a correct price on the system you need.
SS or Aluminized?
2.5" or 3" ?
Evo 3 or standard o2?
Test pipe or Highflow cat?
Single or Dual tips?
JDM or USDM rear bumper fit?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned