The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Saved #14 / 1000 near Chicago

Hi i am new to the forum i just rescued #14 . It has no engine,trans , or t case. I will post pics of the full build as i go . I need to drag down to our shop once we get some cars finshed. It should be pretty wild once it is completed. Thinking either a 4094 or a 42R should be a nice street car?!?
x5o19j.jpg
14cu3df.jpg

Lonewolf64

Quoting ryno529:
Hi i am new to the forum i just rescued #14 . It has no engine,trans , or t case. I will post pics of the full build as i go . I need to drag down to our shop once we get some cars finshed. It should be pretty wild once it is completed. Thinking either a 4094 or a 42R should be a nice street car?!?
x5o19j.jpg
14cu3df.jpg

If you want a nice street car put in a low mile JDM block or a stock rebuilt block, some injectors, evo 3 16g, keydiver chip, exhaust, intake, FMIC, afpr, and fuel pump. Set the boost to 20psi and enjoy your 3xx whp, 12 second street car.

I see way too many guys get on this forum with limited experience, and all of them have one thing in common: the huge misconception about what setup is needed to have an enjoyable streetcar. Fact is, 90% of people on this board don't need anything bigger than a 16g to achieve their goals.

Welcome to the forums! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Last edited:

Nartanian

Nice save! Keep us posted on the buuld!

iLLeffeKt vr-4

That's Gordian's old car. I went for a ride in it few years ago. It had a stroker 2.3 motor and a big turbo? That cat pulled hard and the body was clean. How did it end up in Chicago? Who did you get it from?

Myles

I saw that car on CL for quite a while. What happened to the wheels that were on it?

Thanks guys. The car has a new york title. The guy i got it from moved to chicago a few months back.. I was just joking about the street car thing. I am the fabricator at APM racing here in Elmhurst. I build custom Intakes,Headers,Intercoolers,IC pipes,roll cages and exhaust or any other fabbed part you can want.

just checked the title it was Jose Gordians car . I still have the rims you saw on Craigslist. going to run Rays though. I paid $1500 for the roller and it is very clean.

Myles

^^^^^^
That's pretty good considering for a while it was listed for $2500. Those wheels are PIMP! If I still had my G I'd be all over them.

Jostar

Quoting ryno529:
Thanks guys. The car has a new york title. The guy i got it from moved to chicago a few months back.. I was just joking about the street car thing. I am the fabricator at APM racing here in Elmhurst. I build custom Intakes,Headers,Intercoolers,IC pipes,roll cages and exhaust or any other fabbed part you can want.

The car was sold to Ray castro, Then ray sold it to Some kid named Keith, Then my cousin bought it & we sold it to ryan... Good luck with it, Build it!!! I know you can... I have seen your work & its amazing..

curtis

Quoting Lonewolf64:
Fact is, 90% of people on this board don't need anything bigger than a 16g to achieve their goals.

If your wondering the JSB's are the other 10%. I know cause I is one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Block has been bored,filled and oringed. Head is out for CNC porting and had the water jackets on the exhaust welded. Turbo is on the way BW 78mm 6 fin T6. Going to put money down on my powerglide trans on monday and will also start on the 9 inch rear as well. Going to try like heck to design a bolt in 4 link for the back so i do not have to modify the car too much. If you can't tell already i am converting it temporarily to RWD. I just don't feel as though a dog box and the stock front and rear diffs will hold.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned