The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

tuning and car wont start

Okay guys im really new to tuning and im struggling. I cant get the car to start and I dont know why. I also need to know what I should have for my start up settings. I just rebuilt everything and when I went to start it it trys to turn over but cant.I think the engine might be getting flooded by the injectors but I changed my global settings to 20 and my dead time to 180. I havent touched anything else on the dsmlink settings. Its a galant vr-4
Mods:
1mm over valves
BC springs
Intake side ported
2g maf
4 inch fp intake
fp2 cams
evo injectors
190lph fuel pump
3in full exhaust
2.5 o2 housing
14b turbo
2g exhaust mani
eagle/wiesco combo 20 over

brisvr4

Can you take a quick log and post it up for us?
Just need to check your settings.

EVO injectors have LESS deadtime than stockers, and they typically flow >585cc. So, don't add any deadtime, and remove 23% Global Fuel.

I tried a log but its just flat on top of it stops when I try to start the car. That could be the problem. I have them at 180 dead time and 20% global

brisvr4

Try changing the global and deadtime to what Jeff suggested and if it still won't start take a log anyway.
Just turn the key to on and take a log, that will be enough to check your settings in link.

prove_it

first of all if your new to tuning then why are you screwing around with dsmlink?
I'm hope the best for you, but if you don't what your doing then I won't feel sorry for you when you run the wrong timing and burn a hole in a piston.

My guess to why it won't start is that I bet you didn't change the box under maf comp tab. There is a box that you select for the right maf sensor. You have a 2g on your car so, better make sure that is selected. Also since you already added 23% fuel and changed your deadtime that much, I have a feeling you don't really understand the dynamics behind this.

My advice is find a friend to help get you through it. We are here to help too. You really should go buy a few books and get some research done before you blindly go around changing setting in link.

Also if you don't have a wideband sensor, tuning will be hopeless.

Best of luck!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts