The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

steering wheel removal quick question

streetmasters

I am trying to remove my steering wheel and I got that big nut off the middle of the wheel but it seems to be stuck- I dont want to break anything and was wondering if there is something else holding this wheel on or should i keep trying to pull this thing off?

thanks for any help /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tre3zy

nope nothing holding the steering wheel but the big nut on the middle.... just gotta shake it for a bit....

If it hasn't been off in a while, you better start yanking on the wheel from different sides.

CarRacer

Put the nut back on a few threads so when you yank it off you don't end up in the back seat. I just yanked really hard to remove a wheel last weekend.

14u2nV

I've sat in the seat, used both knees and one arm to pull it towards me while smacking it with a deadblow on the top of the threads. Should come off pretty easy that way.

Quoting CarRacer:
Put the nut back on a few threads so when you yank it off you don't end up in the back seat. I just yanked really hard to remove a wheel last weekend.

+1.

When i replaced my oem 3 spoke steering wheel for a 4 spoke AMG one, i removed the nut, and yanked the steering wheel quite hard to remove it and i literaly ended up in the back seat... Man that steering wheel was stuck...

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Leave the nut on part way and flex each side slightly as you pull hard. Always have gotten them off without a puller this way.

streetmasters

Awesome! Thx guys- yea I'm installing an amg one! Looks good in black- matches the interior well!

Thx again for the advice!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned