The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

new newbie! *pics*

whats up fella's... name is Jay and from socal...

why am i here?
well... i used to drive an evo8 which unfortunately was totalled a few months ago. got into a bad car accident... not my fault btw /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

so anyway a buddy of mine turned me on to the gvr4. im here to learn as much as possible so look forward to a bunch of newbie questions from me. i'll use the search function first of course.

havent picked up a gvr4 yet but my friend is selling one that i am very interested in purchasing...

any tips and advice are welcome!

jay

Last edited by a moderator:

boostx

I hope all is well and welcome..

Welcome Jay from a fellow newb! Have fun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

1990ggsxnj

Welcome! Amongst many Previous/Current Evo owners.

Woosky117

welcome!

if i were only so lucky to even be able to see an evo VIII with my own eyes...
i have never actualy seen an evo that is any earlier than the evo X (except for in pics of course), because the evo X is actualy the first one that is legal in canada. finaly!

have fun with your new ride!

Nartanian

Welcome. Post pics up once you get it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

thanks for the welcome!

so... heres a little scoop on the gvr4 im looking at. its a 91' in summit white. The previous owner purchased it as a DD. ran fine until one day it began leaking at the fuel filter. he never got around to fixing it and so stopped driving it. after awhile he went to work on it i guess and found that the radiator fan stopped working. so those seem to be the 2 main issues stopping the car from being driveable. Secondary he said it probably needs a new timing belt and could use a good alignment. its has 150k on the chassis and 60k on the motor... any comments are welcome. i still need to get the vin.

btw picture of my baby in her prime before the accident...
dtown07.jpg

Woosky117

omg! your car was crazy nice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

that makes it even more sad that its gone. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

Nartanian

Wow... That was Evo must have definitely been a head turner... I hope you don't like much attention and prefer the sleeper look now though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

haha thanks guys... the decals were just for a car show. i will most definitely enjoy the sleeper status.

i do miss my evo. good thing was i had already parted out the evo at the time of the accident. so she was pretty much stock.

fivestardsm

Welcome! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hi.. really good feeling knowing lots of guys from all around the world..
Evo is a awesome car..but gvr4 still the best..

boostingwild

i want an evo as a second car (or first /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif) but all in all

WELCOME!

1990ggsxnj

So I just got back to the thread and saw that evo....what in the world were you parting it out for?!?!

What mods did it have that you will be pushing over to the VR4?

ahhh its official... just had her towed to my possesion.

now to work on the fuel leak and rad fan to get her safely running.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts