The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

evo 8 seats

boostingwild

i was wondering if anyone made aftermarket brackets to make this a bolt on affiar. for cleaner look

i got my evo viii recaros installed by a welding shop. they fabbed up the brackets. i had the seats for a year, while i was looking for aftermarket brackets. just get a welding shop to do it, or i can get the shop to make a set for you and mail them out....

slobra

Maybe get a quote for us non welder jerk offs. I might be interested in something like that.

boostingwild

i send you a pm about the brackets

spooling92vr4

i welded mine, but i think gtluke just bent some metal pieces and it worked out fine for him, no welding reqd

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Quoting stealthtt24:
Are the brackets the same for evo 8's and evo 9's?

Yes they are the same. I didn't have to weld anything either. I ended up using some angled steel that has pre-drilled holes. It does look a bit weird even though I painted it black but I want to wrap the brackets in suede/leater//vinyl so it will look a lot better.

The way I did them is that I'm still using the gvr4 lever to slide the seat back and forth and the evo one to recline.

I had my fat/tall friend (350+ and 6'3") sit in them and bounce up and down and nothing budged lol.

a few questions in order to see if i can get gvr4 members a good deal on the brackets.

1. do you still have the evo recaro sliders?
2. how tall are you?
3. do you want them painted or will you paint them yourself?

the set being fabbed up for my car will be using the oem evo recaro sliders, they are boxed frames to which the seat with slider is mounted to. the oem gvr4 sliders are spared. pics will be up later this week.

stealthtt24

1. Yes
2. 5'10"
3. Ill paint them myself.

Let me know how much and when I can get a set.

streetmasters

Dude there is a company called Wedge Engineering that makes seat brackets for all cars- they could def do this for you- I dealt with them when I had my shop and they were awesome...don't bhave the number but gpogle them

the brackets cost me $195 with my military discount. they were painted and the seats were installed when i picked them up. the owner of the shop is trying to figure out a cost for them since he wont have to paint them or install them but he will have to make a jig? for them. pics will be up by the end of the week, the army is running me into the ground with all the pre-deployment training.

stealthtt24

ok thanks, like i said i wouldnt need them painted plus i would install them so i dont know how much less it would be, let me know.

gtluke

get the stock sliders, making the brackets for all 4 seats took me honestly 15 minutes. it's just 4 identical and small Z brackets. They work great, they are holding up great yet the seat itself is completely falling apart.
I did mine with a "new yorker" but you can do the same thing with a vice and a hammer. you just need 2 right angles in a piece of 1" wide 1/16th inch or so steel bar.
I can take pictures if you want.

stealthtt24

Quoting gtluke:
get the stock sliders, making the brackets for all 4 seats took me honestly 15 minutes. it's just 4 identical and small Z brackets. They work great, they are holding up great yet the seat itself is completely falling apart.
I did mine with a "new yorker" but you can do the same thing with a vice and a hammer. you just need 2 right angles in a piece of 1" wide 1/16th inch or so steel bar.
I can take pictures if you want.

Please do!

^^^ So much pron on the internet to get distracted by. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I would also like to see pics of the brakets installed.

Last edited by a moderator:

sorry fellas on the pic delay for the seat brakets. im in the army and have been sent out on training to the yakima training center. when i return i will take pics of the custom fab brackets and continue to negotiate the price on the kit. for now we are looking at 195 for the set. but they painted mine and installed the seats too. the biggest issue for the fabricator is getting the seats to line up correctly in the cabin with the controls as they are much narrower than the vr4 seats. the brackets do use the stock evo sliders and give us six footers way more leg room. i will return from the field on the 20th of june.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned