The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1720 almost done... Help me make sure I have everything...

Ok so 1720 has been awol for years. I'm finally narrowing the gap. I'm in the home stretch. I have JUST about everything that will get her running again. The cliffnotes on her is I bought her with no engine and took my unfinished built JE on Eagle engine and dropped her in. Over the years, things have gotten postponed... Well I'm ready now. She'll be runnin soon. I JUST sold my STI block to finish her up. Here's what I think I need. If anyone wants to chime in and LET ME KNOW WHERE I CAN GET THIS STUFF FOR A GOOD PRICE ... feel free.

Intercooler pipe kit(Already have an interfooler)
knock sensor(ordered)
non cruise cable(ordered)
hood
windshield
Timing belt tensioner(JNZtuning??)
Exhaust manifold (Evo 3??)
Shifter bracket to the tranny(JNZ)
Corner blinker lenses
DRIVESHAFT!!!!111!1!

I'll post pictures soon here she is as is though...

Last edited by a moderator:

2cxia1u.jpg

2ufeukw.jpg

464/2K

jonvr4 can help you out with intercooler pipes, hes local to you. Good luck with getting it running!!! hell yeah for more VR4's being saved especially in CO /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Jesus H man, you wouldn't believe how many times i've almost lost this car. I swear... my fingers aren't cold and blue so thank god its still around. So excited.

The more I look at my intercooler and the piping I have and the more I see how crowded it is.... I'm tempted to drop a dsm on an ETS kit...
Doubtful but very tempted...

91GSR

i helped raptorreed install an ETS kit. those thigns are siqqqq. if u got the dough man definitely go ETS. so secksy

CarRacer

Have you considered a FP manifold? If you're buying new it's not that much more than the Evo 3. Used is a little different, but it's a good deal still.

I havn't considered that... I really hate spending money... like really. If I can find a used one in good shape... I may consider it but my funds are dwindleing fast and now i'm considering buying a 90 1g to flip so we'll see which way this goes.

toybreaker

iconoclast
Quote:
I really hate spending money

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I might be able to help some on the driveshaft debacle.

Struc

Quoting 1gcrazy:
I havn't considered that... I really hate spending money... like really. If I can find a used one in good shape... I may consider it but my funds are dwindleing fast and now i'm considering buying a 90 1g to flip so we'll see which way this goes.

If you hate spending money so much, just throw a 2G manifold on it. They can be had for under $50 already ported.

Update...as far as I can remember...

Intercooler pipe kit(Already have an interfooler)
hood
windshield
Timing belt tensioner(JNZtuning??)
Shifter bracket to the tranny(JNZ)
Corner blinker lenses
Oil cooler lines(JnZ)

The Exhaust mani and the driveshaft are still not in my possession but I have deals pending with both.
If JNZtuning would realize that I dont need the other things I did not ask for, I might be more apt to do business with them. I'm feeling weary. I gave them a list to get a final price and they sent me my same list with more than I asked for and added sales tax(which... they're in PA and I'm in CO... yeah...no.) Then they added shipping /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif
I'd rather goto the dealer so I dont feel like i'm getting fucked with "sales tax" which is an oxymoron in itself...

Starter is installed, picked up the ford mustang sway bar links. Due to the awesome snow we havn't been getting in north colorado I was only able to compare and they look like they'll be great.

Update:
I went out to put the intake manifold on... after much debate, I think i'm going to pull the motor and trans together and leave it on the hoist while I piece everything together instead of having to roll around trying to get everything back together.

That means the FMIC is probably last on the list.

So far my price tag to completion is 500 bucks or so but thats not including the driveshaft or the exhaust.

I'll keep you guys updated. I'm fighting to keep the banks hands out of my pockets at the moment so next update should be after next paycheck, we'll see how chipper i'm feeling after losing 300 bucks to overdrafts after my deposit WAS in the bank on time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Ben

What's your manifold situation?? I have an evo III that have been gasket matched and ported a little ways in. It has an EGT bung that I have a plug in. It also once had an external wastegate welded on before I had it. So it has a patch there. I think I have a pic of it. shoot me a pm. Thursdays are my day off so I can ship out today.

Alright fellas,
Got the motor out just now. After looking at this thing, i'm wondering how far I should go into this...New tranny and Tcase, paint the engine bay?? Not sure, i'll figure that out tomorrow. Just glad I got the bitch out.

Since the motors been out, installed a new water pump, ngk spark plugs, coil, intake mani, I'm looking for bolts for my throttle body and the knock sensor.
I'm almost positive i'll just leave the stock tranny but install a new stock clutch I have. After that i'll pick up a timing belt tensioner, slap that together and put a nice cover I have on. Then after that install the injectors and drop her back in. It's nice having this thing out just a swingin on my cherry picker...

Aright fella's had a little hiccup but things are coming together. Finally got my A/C compressor bracket so that is bolted up and ready to go. Got the alternator half way installed. Also got the timing belt around all the pulleys and it's not 100% bolted on but its on there.
Pulled the turbo out of its package and pulled that apart and cleaned it up, spins a lot nicer now.
Spark plugs are installed, wires and coil are installed. Still gotta find some bolts for the throttle body.

mitsuturbo

Looking good. Some of the best basic mods/accessories are there! 90 OFH, BS removed, motor mount filled (need to paint it black), nice new alternator, wp, elec. OP sender and plug wires. I'd chop the front part of the arm off that mount, and ditch the AC compressor.. but that's just my preference.

Nah, I waited for months to get the Galant A/C compressor bracket. I want the car to be a full interior serious street car. A/C and power steering.

I have the tensioner and the bracket to hold the shifter cables in the mail.

Ok guys, new stuff...
New stock clutch opposed to a used stocker
New front CV axles
2 slim pusher fans
new silverstar ultra bulbs
clutch slave cylinder rebuild kit
a couple other things I can't think of.

OH! new badass wipers.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned