The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

antenna

mountaineerjeff

I know that the power antennas are very bad for goin dead. mine died awhile back and was replaced by previous owner, it has a radioshack diy job going on that is just disturbing. im not really liking the stock power antenna, i would have to rewire my head unit. so i was thinkin of doing something like an antenna off a honda s2000.

where I got the idea

what do you guys normally do? is there an evo swap? im up for tryin it first, but no need for me to make a common mistake

mountaineerjeff

is it still a big metal peice though? i think tose are pretty bad looking. i do like the manual attennas that wrxs have, but i think that that would be too much fab work right now

ktmrider

Curtis modifies the stalk to look/flow much nicer with the body lines.
I got one from him and think it looks very nice.
Ralli380GT has a non-power model in his FS thread and maybe Curtis will chime in...

poppin3000

is there an easy way to put a stubby antenna on? I just got back from the emergency room w/ three stitches on my palm from cutting my wrist on my broken antenna /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Leon_R

Sorry to bring back an old topic, but there doesn't seem to be a resolution to this issue.

Does anyone have a good manual antenna solution?

Leon_R

I figure that would work, but we are fresh out of Galants at local junk yards /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BluFalcon

I heard that if the motor is still good, you can reinstall a new antenna on the power antenna setups. Anyone know about this? I have a standard antenna that I was lucky enough to find in a local yard, but would like to restore this feature to the car if possible.

mountaineerjeff

I ended up getting the shortened one from a board member.......Idk who it was, coulda been curtis, but I cant remember who. on 181 I just removed everything completely. it saved some nice weight with the removal of the power stuff, and the cable and all.

QnzMostWanted

why not get the universal manual antenna from autozone, it pushes up and down manually,

maxash0775

I am planning to change my antenna shortly. I want to get the "shark fin" looking one that come on BMW's. I think that would look sick on our cars.

Leon_R

Quoting QnzMostWanted:
why not get the universal manual antenna from autozone, it pushes up and down manually,

I was just looking at those. There are a few models that look like they would work. Does anyone have experience with those?

A friend did have one of the shorter "rubberized" models and it had terrible reception. My guess that those "shark fins" would not well work, ether. That is why I am looking at one of those "GM" antennas, which are much taller.

Last edited:

luis84one

my 8g galant had the antenna built in to the rear window somehow.. has anyone tried using that kind of antenna on the gvr4's ??

Brunoboy

........in-tennas........

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I replaced both my non-working motorized with manual antenna bases from the 99-03 galant model. You have to loosen and adjust the mounting bracket (inside the trunk part) to install it, but it fits and the contour is about right.

Almost any Mitsu mast will work with them. I have the short rubber one from a current Eclipse spyder on my car right now.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts