The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1302/2000 rebuild

Hello, my name is Donnie, Im from norcal and thanks to Conrad I now have one of my dream cars
galantvr4001.jpg

galantvr4002.jpg

galantvr4003.jpg

galantvr4004.jpg

galantvr4005.jpg

galantvr4008.jpg

galant.jpg

putting the engine back together

galantvr4009.jpg

galantvr4010.jpg

galantvr4011.jpg

galantvr4012.jpg

galantvr4013.jpg

next semister for my engines class I am going to build a 2.3 stroker for it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

icurunnin

no sunroof car. some around here say its better for head room, I myself say screw the head room and open that bitch up!!
Congrats on the purchase. Looks like the engine bay was cleaned up really nice by someone.

fivestardsm

Welcome to hell /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif
.. ah..err.. I mean to the boards

thanks for the welcome......even though its not a sunroof car, its still a vr4 and my subaru and evo buddies are pissed that I got this one

fivestardsm

Yeah only 2 of mine are sunroof.. I think , if I remember correctly, the rarest option code was without anyway.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Last edited:

G

Staff member
Looks like a nice clean shell.

well here it is the engine found its way back to where it is supposed to be

galantvr4014.jpg

galantvr4015.jpg

galantvr4016.jpg

galantvr4017.jpg

galantvr4018.jpg

galantvr4019.jpg

galantvr4020.jpg

Not to bad for cell phone pics!

4thStroke

I once classified the GVR4 as one of my dream cars.

Then I actually bought one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Tre3zy

hahahahaha congrats man.... i was just there saturday nite hanging out with him.... got one of his cars too lol

Welcome.

I thought it was pretty funny that you said "I got one of my dream cars" and then the first pic is an empty engine bay LOL

Tre3zy

Quoting Bugeye:
yeah you got the one i wanted, lol

hahahahaha my friend shane was going to buy it too but it ended up to me

Quoting dsm_drew:
Welcome.

I thought it was pretty funny that you said "I got one of my dream cars" and then the first pic is an empty engine bay LOL

I could live with out the engine, the car is what matters to me...LOL

1badgvr4

I too was like you .....so naive, but you'll see. It's a good car dude, but it WILL try your patience.

Quoting 1badgvr4:
I too was like you .....so naive, but you'll see. It's a good car dude, but it WILL try your patience.

Im used to what the talon did to me, I can handle this one...anyways, got her home today
galantvr4021.jpg

galantvr4022.jpg

galantvr4023.jpg

galantvr4024.jpg

galantvr4025.jpg

galantvr4026.jpg

galantvr4027.jpg

galantvr4028.jpg

galantvr4029.jpg

anyway gonna replace the engine harness tomorrow

vegeta1170

I'm with 4thStroke, it WAS one of my dream cars till I bought one. But I guess since I still have it I must like it. The Galant is now in second place for vehicles I've owned the longest.

well, it has been awhile since I have posted progress on 1302. As of today I now have everything to start getting her ready for the street, with the exception of the Front Mount. Fed ex dropped off my axles, the remaining gaskets and sensors. UPS dropped off my KYB GR2's, my slim line fan, and my Vibrant air filter adapter plate for the EVO VIII MAF. Iceman sent me the harness so I can use my Maf, Keydiver burned me a chip, Terry was able to fix my ecu. I ended up getting my EVO VIII Maf and 560cc injectors from my buddy when he upgraded his Evo. I picked up a new radiator and brake pads yesterday. All that is needed to put her back on the road is my Extreme Turbo Systems Front Mount Intercooler and Intake. I am so close to getting her on the road I can taste it.

Struts are on, the axles are in. I had to stop for the night because of my neighbor crying about my air compressor. Tomorrow I will turn the rotors, install the front calipers and stainless steal brake lines, then the new brake pads, and whatever else I can get done.

Sr71sss

Hey motherbiotch where did u get all that time and money to finish the car?

kick down some money my way when I part out 1781/2000 hehe.

Lmk when your buddy wants to pick up the car so I can clear it out my garage mahal LOL

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts