The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

My VR4 running rich or wont start....Help

Nabeel

I still need help to have my VR4 run....

Reffer to this>>> click
I fixed the original MAS back, Replaced the ECU & Test the ISC. But the I still have the same issue. Any suggestion please why the injector made the engine full of fuel?

Nabeel

More then 50 views!!! No comments??
Any suggestion please..............Any thing may gide me...

Last edited:

dmj

Maybe you should list what you have on your car and what mods you have.This would help a lot.

Hi'
My vr4 is runing very rich. I checked it. there is no leak. Logger show no error codes..
The current mod is.
1-3G MAS.
2-AFC Neo.(no correction setup yet).
3-AVC-R Boost controler.
4-Bigger intercooler & 2.5 piping.
5-Stock TD05 turbo.
6-JDM Engine (cyclone) with JDM ECU.
7-Wilpro 255 fuel pump.
8-AFPR with setting of 25psi
9-NGK plug wires.
Actually the car wont start some times & I have to disconnect the fuel pump to have it start again. It is not drivable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
found in his referred to post.

My first couple of questions would be: Have you changed your fuel pressure back to stock yet? I know it was suggested in your other post, but you never mentioned if you did or not. Have you take out the 3g mas? ANd I see you suspected the ecu, have you tried a different ecu?

1) Put the stock MAS back in, which I think you may have already done.
2) Put the base fuel pressure back up to 37psi (set with the HOSE OFF)
3) Bypass the AFC by connecting the Karman Hz wire from the MAS to the ECU back together, so it doesn't go through the AFC.
Let us know what happens.

Nabeel

All done..
AFPR to 38.
No AFC direct MAF to ECU.
Original MAF.
Replace ECU & spark plugs.
Check the coil by closing the plugs to the car body & turn the engine.
Fuel pump is OK.
>>>>>>>>What els>>>>>>>Timing? Relay? What makes the engine not running or die in a minute?

ktmrider

Does the fuel pressure go DOWN when you re-attach the hose to the FPR? If not you will get a nasty rich condition at idle.

Nabeel

You mean my AFPR is bad? I am having the same issue with the original fuel rigulator also. Any how I will try your suggestion.

Check your reading from your coolant temp sensor (the one for the ECU)

might be bad or the wires might be broken/corroded.

BoostedAWD91

i would be almost sure its ur coolant temp sensor. same thing just happened to me. my temp sensor died and just flooded the car with fuel and soaked the plugs and wouldnt start. i replaced the sensor for $18 and fired right up.
advanced auto parts
part # wt3005
cross reference with the oem one. exact same one

Nabeel

Where this coolant temp sensor located. I will replace it & see. Photo is more accurate...

It is the 2 wire sensor at the top of the T-stat housing.

Before you go and throw a CTS at it you should inspect the wiring. Or if you know anyone with an actual scan tool have them look at what the ECU is seeing for coolant temp.

the top sensor on the tstat is for the AC the temp sensors are the ones on the back side.. I forgot if it was the top or bottom one.

ktmrider

Quoting chris:
the top sensor on the tstat is for the AC the temp sensors are the ones on the back side.. I forgot if it was the top or bottom one.

#2 sensor, lower left when looking from the front.

Last edited:

Nabeel

Thanks'
That is helping me. I don't know any body have scan tool. I have palm my self. But I don't know how to check the reading of the coolant sensor. I will replace it if it's cheap. By the way the palm is keep throwing code 25 (Barometer). I keep replacing the MAS. I have two of 1G mas. But the code goes away when I tried the 3G Mas. Does this code come from swaping the 2 wires at the ECU pin#6 & 14?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned