The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Help! replaced fuel pump now metal line from tank is leaking

Well I guess when i was tryin to wrench the hell out of that notorious fuel line fitting in the trunk I must bent my my rusted and corroded metal fuel line that runs to the first rubber line of the system. Because there's slight hole which I have been keeping closed with JB weld but its only a temporary repair. I want to know what the name of that cover over the fuel tanks is with the tube and fuel pump bracket that kind of looks like a man hole with all the little screws to seal it. I want to order a new one if possible because the jb weld just cant hold up to that constant pressure. Anyone have any idea what this part is called and where I can order one?

Sounds like you need a new fuel pump sending unit. I don't think you can get them from the dealership anymore. DSG made a nice stainless piece but they quit making it so you'd need to find one used.

BoostedAWD91

The easiest fix to this without replacing the entire unit is to cut the rest of the line off flush. Drill the hole out bigger and install a bulk head fitting. This way u can run -an line from the pump and then ull never have to worry about getting the line off again. This is what i did and makes life much easier when removing the fuel pump

Yeah that sounds like it would be the best bet. If you could give me some more info on how you did that I would greatly appreciate it. What type of fitting did you use and what tools did you use to drill out the plate for the new fitting? Do I just need to get a 90 degree end fitting and a coupler? Pictures would be helpful too, I think I have see other people with this set up but I'm not sure where to look.

Kenny_Kline

You need to use R10 intank submergable fuel line for the rubber line thats in tank. Here is what I did. Nevermind the new red and black wires. That was part of a re-wire to the fuel pump that I did. You can reuse your stock wires.

fuelsystembuild.jpg

fuelpumpbuild2.jpg

DSC03935.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

BoostedAWD91

just go to A&A auto parts or anyplace that sells -An fittings and buy a bulk head fitting and the nut that goes with it. I used -6an since i already have that run for the whole fuel system. Just cut the remaining of broken hard line off flush(i used a dremel) and then get some good drill bits or i had a old porting bit i used to open the hole up bigger. make the hole big enough so the fitting just fits in and then put the nut on the bottom and tighten it up real good. Run some line to the pump and the to the front of the car and ur done

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned