The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

My 91 Galant VR-4 Evolution

Hi I'm Kris from New Zealand. This is actually my second of three VR-4's I have owned, and is a genuine Evolution series version (240hp/big injectors/turbo etc). Have spent a few months restoring it all with genuine parts - even the factory muffler was sourced from Mitsi Japan. The only non standard parts are the stereo (still have factory one), alarm, and boost gauge.

It is actually up for sale sadly, as need more money for house deposit, anyway hope you like /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

91ZERO002.jpg

91ZERO003.jpg

91ZERO008.jpg

91ZERO006.jpg

91ZERO012.jpg

91ZERO014.jpg

91ZERO018.jpg

tsiboy

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif that is a beautiful car, dont you have another car you can sell??

Flip4G63

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif i want.

very clean!!!

welcome!

G

Staff member
Wow that is nice, did you import it or was it sold in nz? Can you pm me the chassis #?

Thanks for the comments /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif, can't believe I have owned these for so long and not known about this site!

The body itself has done 114miles (3k since the rebuild and restore).

It was imported from Japan in 2002 with 56miles on it, and bought straight away by a close friend of mine who took care of it like it was his child, and then sold it to me and I went and did the rebuild and restore. Still its original paint too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif They weren't sold new in New Zealand.

Na, just have a little run-about 1991 Mitsi Mirage (1.5 carby haha) - cheap on gas but thats it!

Last edited by a moderator:

G

Staff member
So was it ever sold in nz through dealers or import only?

Last edited:

No, they were imported only. Mitsi dealers only really dealt with New Zealand new vehicles (none of which were VR-4s).

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif Fantastic G-ride! It'd be hard to keep one stock, but I guess the Evo version is fun enough. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

G

Staff member
Ok can you send me the chassis # for parts look up?

Quoting Qship:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif Fantastic G-ride! It'd be hard to keep one stock, but I guess the Evo version is fun enough. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Yeah, it goes well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif VR-4s are (were) bloody common and you see them everywhere over here but most are thrashed and generally not that well looked after.

H05TYL

Quoting tsiboy:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif that is a beautiful car, dont you have another car you can sell??

Haha, I already bought his other vr4 (my silver '90) so he could pay his engine builder!

howdy Kris.

Haha hope you looking after her Nick!!

Oh there is a familiar face, hey Nick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Barnes

Wait wait wait.... are you saying that thing has 3114 actual miles? Or 117,000 miles?

/needs to move to NZ

GIjoe

what a beauty!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

NZ VR4 RS

just to add to the thread about the rear muffler, he actually got mitsubishi in japan to make a brand new muffler for it as there were no more in stock.

it was an exact copy of the original.

that amazed me that he would go that far to keep it original and that they would make one up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts