The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Right jackstand location??

Are these locations ok to use for jackstands?

Is there any risk for these locations to get bent? If there is, what locations do you recommend?

Thanks in advance / Wolfy

atc250r

Staff member
They should be OK there. Personally, I prefer to put them a little closer to the front.

John

Thank you for your fast answer!

Yeah I was thinking the same thing about putting them alittle closer to the front, the car felt alittle "flexy" when I closed the hood but that wasn't much. Maybe that will go away when putting those stands closer to the front...

atc250r

Staff member
Yeah, you can probably watch the top of the gap grow at the top of the fender and door when you let the nose hang like that. IMHO, ideally you want to put them in front of the front tires somewhere, that's usually the route I take if it's gonna be laid up a while.

John

Ok, now I'm scared, It has only been like that in 3 hours now but I will change the points more to the front soon! The front bumper, half of the engine and half of the interior is out so I hope it can stand like that in 3 more hours...

Which points do you recommend for the rear? Can I use the same locations as in the pic but at the rear? Or do you recommend another location?

charmcity

There is a jackstand thread in Anything goes, there are plenty of examples there they can go.

ive always put my jacks in those spots that you got up there, altho i think i got them a little more towards the from more than that

Ok, well it ended with that 30 min after my last post in this thread I had to go out and put those jackstands more to the front because I couldn't sleep, to afraid that the car couldn't handle those locations...

Anyway, these are the locations I ended with:

What do you think about these locations?

I am alittle paranoid about this because my VR-4 will be on jackstands for a while and I don't want this to end with those stands in the car or some huge dents at those locations /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Dan D

I like to put my jackstands under the huge bolts on the front, aft control arm brackets pretty close to what you've pictured. Unless you are trying to take off the control arm, they are out of the way and it's a strong section of the unibody. I've never had problems using that area (even for two years up in the air).

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts