The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Question on Rear Brake Line Replacement

atc250r

Staff member
I have to replace the lines that go from the proportioning valve back to the rear wheel wells. Does anyone who has done this happen to remember how long of a piece they needed and what the tube diameter was? I'm pretty sure that the tube diameter is 5mm but I'm pretty sure that even the longest length at the parts store will be too short to do it in one piece. If the size is 5mm, it is close enough to a 3/16" line that I can but a 20ft. roll of 3/16" stainless tubing and put metric ends on it. I have the double flare tool so flaring it won't be an issue. Has anyone gone this route before?

John

RedTwo

See if this is any use to you:

4.76mm x 4869.7 mm Right side (non ABS) This doesn't sound right
4.76mm x 4101.0 mm Right side (ABS)
4.76mm x 3096.4 mm Left Side (ABS)

Z16A GTO's have a little section (10cm) that is 4.76mm with male fittings on each end and another section that is the female, rubber equivilent of this bit in the last segments on their rear brakes. Could you salvage some of those to make a joint in your lines?

atc250r

Staff member
Thanks for the info! I was guessing at 5mm but from your info like its exactly 3/16". The second two lengths sound about right as well, 13ft for the RH and 10 ft for the LH. I'll pick up a 25 foot roll of stainless brake line on Monday and see if I can't get it straightened out in the next week or two.

John

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
3/16 size is correct as you mentioned. Just need the 10x1 mm fittings.

atc250r

Staff member
Great, that'll make the job easier and it'll make the finished product look nicer. I don't like making the line two pieces with a union, I'd rather do one piece and put my own ends on. The shop with the brake line might even have the fittings in stainless too. BLING! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Thanks Icey!

John

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts