The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

mount of shift light

Hi I have a 2th (danis word) "rotatien counts" dont know the englist word sorry maybu tarco? I hope you understand.
I have monted it in the room next to the driver door/steering wheel, It have 2 wire to a shift light lamp, no problem there, then it have a wire I have to mount on the ecnition coil or computer, can you help me whit where I fide that signal? is there maybe a wire behignt the original display next to the speedometer?
Regards
Sigmac ( and sorry for bad english)

Brunoboy

your just asking where to tap for the rpm sensor right?

turbowop

"rotation counts" would be the tachometer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

You don't want to find a wire behind the instrument cluster for that. I would take it from the rpm signal wire that goes into the ecu harness. There are wiring diagrams for the U.S. ecu on the board here, but I'm not sure if they're the same as yours. Do you have a JDM or EDM car?

In case the pinout is the same as in our cars this should help:

Pin 109 is what you're looking for.
Color/Number/Purpose.

mistaVR4

Nice diagram bro! Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I can't take credit for it at all.
It was put together by a member on the 4g61t forums.
Let me stop the threadjacking though.
I hope the diagram helps.

Thanks a lot. I hope I can try et out in the weekend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

steve

Frank, FTW! Good to hear its working.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned