The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

exhaust studs

hey just wondering what the thread pattern is four our exhaust studs and the nut to match? anyone have a thread chart. cheers

M8-1.25 is the nut side... M8-1.50 is the stud (head) side
2G the outsides are M10-1.25... M10-1.50
SSStuds.com are great

GVR4_1057

They are different thread pitch from end to end? Really? That is just goofy.

atc250r

Staff member
Quoting kryger:
M8-1.25 is the nut side... M8-1.50 is the stud (head) side
2G the outsides are M10-1.25... M10-1.50
SSStuds.com are great

I don't think that's right. The threads are the same on both ends for both M8 and M10.

+1 on the SSStuds.com for replacements.

John

those # are correct accordingly to a "snap-on" tap and die kit

the thread-pitch is tighter on the maniflod side to hold on the lock-nuts, (the rounded triangle molded into the top of the copper nuts)

89Mirageman

Every exhaust stud that I have ever seen had the 8mm 1.25 thread pitch on both sides.

Wizardawd

Agreed, I don't even think there is anything on our cars that has a 1.5 thread pitch. Just about everything is 1.25. And i've swapped the studs both directions and they thread the same.

As for the larger outer studs, they started that in May 1992 (IE 7 bolt), but I would definately rec. upgrading to it. The outer bolts are quite prone to breaking.

Wiz

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned