The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

trunk lock cylinder, how to remove?

How do you remove the trunk lock cylinder?
I have the shim plate off so the cyl is loose. But the chrome trim ring keeps me from pulling it through from the inside, and the linkage keeps me from pulling it through from outside. There must be something short of calling a locksmith. Thanks.
Mike R.

TMG

The linkage is easy to remove, it is only held by the White plastic and just unhook it. Once that is removed you can pull it from the outside.

BoostedAWD91

i will have to replace mine as well, there is some rust formin around the key hole which looks like crap

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting TMG:
The linkage is easy to remove, it is only held by the White plastic and just unhook it. Once that is removed you can pull it from the outside.

Exactly. Unhook the linkage rod from the latch to the cylinder lever. Then it pulls out.

That was totally easy, thanks!
Mike R.
(Next step: install CF trunk lid and Evo I wing)

cOmpressor

Suggestion, remove the plastic clips and rod on the inside permanently. One less way to break in as long as your cable and popper are in working order.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned