The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

head

i have a head from a 1990 galant gs just wondering if i could use it on my gvr4

If it's a dohc, from what I recall is simply swap out the cams for the turbo ones & your're done. Someone correct me if I left out anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

so if i get valves springs retainers i should be ok right /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Quote:
Exhaust valves are also different.

Whoop, I did not know that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif. What is the difference?

cOmpressor

smaller I think but don't quote me on that.

Wizardawd

Same valves (1.339" Intake and 1.201 Exhaust), same guides. Cams are different (barely), valve springs are slightly stiffer on the turbo models and of course the oil feed is plugged.

Don't forget the Hyundai DOHC heads (not the Beta), they share almost everything motor wise also.

Only heads that you need to beware of is 1.6L DOHC as they usually have 2g sized intake ports.

Wiz

The valves are the same size just made with a different material (to my understanding).
I have never tested this but it has been said that the exhaust valves in a 2.0 non turbo head are more likely to burn up if used on a turbo motor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts