The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

How many Service manuals are there??

Hi!

I was just wondering, how many service manuals are there available for our cars? Is it 2 or 3 books?? I saw in the FS section that someone sold 3 service manuals but according to the dealer there are only 2 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

How many service manuals are there available for the VR-4? 2 or 3 books?

atc250r

Staff member
My set (original from dealer back in 1992) contains two manuals.

John

JNR

I believe there are 3 total: Chassis, Electrical and Transmission...I have the first 2 of the 3 and they come in handy! But, as mentioned, those two are the primary ones used...

Last edited:

atc250r

Staff member
Actually, now that you mention it there isn't really anything detailed about the engine in the factory books either. I'll go take a pic of the 4 books you'd need to really have a complete set up.

John

atc250r

Staff member
Here's the pics:

Left is "Chassis and Body". Right is "Electrical".

Table of Contents for engine section in chassis and body book. As you can see, there isn't much detailed info. Not even a head gasket section.

Left is "Engine". Right is "Manual Transmission".

They are all pretty well worn since they were used in the first dealer I worked at. They were closing when I left so I took those 4 books. I didn't buy a GVR4 until 5 years later but I knew I would have one some day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

John

Dialcaliper

The version I have on CD, there are two manuals for the 89-93 galant series, Body/Electrical and Chassis/Mechanical (engine chapter is limited).

There also exist separate "Engine Rebuild" and "Manual Transmission Rebuild" and "Automatic Transmission Rebuild" manuals that cover all of the Mitsubishi engines and transmissions for the range of model years, each series (4G6, 6G7, etc) have a chapter that goes into full detail. My CD has the 1992-1993 engine manual and 1992-1996 MT manual. I also have somewhere a softcopy of a non-US manual that covers 1988 to 1994 or something. A lot of manuals can be found on lilevo's website.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
^ Yup, permanently linked in the top post in this section. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

G

Staff member
The reprints which are still available from jnz are 3 books.

kitcho

if anyone is having trouble finding them, i have the chassis and transmission ones in pdf format. pm me if you want them.

joemoto

I bought my car from the original owner and he purchased the manuals at the same time he got the car, 89-91, 3 vol set.

BoostedAWD91

Quote:
The reprints which are still available from jnz are 3 books.

how much are they from JNZ? they on their website?

G

Staff member
No idea, you have to call.

i bought the chassis and electrical but i recall seeing a third that i think was for the engine.

G

Staff member
^ those are og.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned