The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Removal - plastic handles - Fuel and Trunk Release Levers

powerplay

Has anybody been successful at removing these and how did you get them off?

14u2nV

You trying to get the plastic part off, or the whole assembly, or what? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

powerplay

I was interested if anyone had removed the plastic handles on the metal levers, which are on the floor, in front of the divers seat. It isn't a major issue, I was just interested if anyone had got them off.

14u2nV

You could probably heat them up and get it apart, but it may be a thing where they molded them right on it.

powerplay

I have looked at them pretty closely and I think you are right. I am going to look in CAPS and see if they have a picture which shows the replacement cables from the factory with them already on the levers.

strokin4dr

Do you have the levers out of the car? With mine, all I did was hold the levers in one hand and pull the plastic handles straight out with the other hand. Just kind of wiggle them back and forth as you pull and they will come right off without damaging them. Hope this helps.
-Ryan

powerplay

Thanks! I looked in CAPS and it does show the plastic handle as a separate part number for the trunk release. But now that I know you have gotten them off I will "wiggle" them off!

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I had that handle assembly out this summer to replace my cable. I think there is a small bump on the plastic that fits in a slot in the metal frame.

strokin4dr

There is iceman, but I couldn't see a way to get them loose by pressing then in or anything like that. Just pull and wiggle them and they will come off with no damage done.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
You're correct, no release tab or anything. But looking where that is will at least allow you to know if you are getting it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned