The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Are our ecu's socketed already

1badgvr4

My ecu was rebuilt but i don't think it was socketed.I just got a chip,but do i just pop it in.

steve

They are not socketed from the factory if thats what you mean. Open it up and take a look.

1badgvr4

Dumb question but it's behind the radio right.I never had to take it out so i don't know.

steve

No, in a VR4 it is behind the triangular kick panel to the right of the front passenger's foot.

These cars are so old though who knows what has been done. The ecu could have crapped out long ago and somebody replaced it with a DSM one. Mine was GVR4 still but was already socketed with a TMO chip from like 1978 that did nothing. It was setup for all factory stuff minus maybe fuel cut.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts