The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

will this fit our cars?

gmp

is this radiator good and will it fit our cars?
click
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

No. The DSM radiator is a few inches shorter and the mounts are off. You will need a GVR4 specific alum radiator and mounts.

gmp

any suggestions on where to get a good one?

gmp

anyone?

BoostedAWD91

Summit Racing. Get a Afco Scirroco(spelling?) Style Radiator. very reasonably priced and are excellent quality. i have been using mine for about 4 months now without a fan and hasnt not overheated once.

cOmpressor

Works ok but mounts must be fabbed up, in the A/C location you have a much better flow of air and like a zillion more inches of room near the turbo.

gmp

thanks guys i shall take a loook around

BoostedAWD91

mine sits back in where the a/c condensor was pretty much which free's up alot of room but if u still have a/c im sure u can put it out alittle further if u need to

If you want to do it for cheap, I have a suggestion.

1987 Audi 5000CS

I think it was the same up through 91

I bought mine at a junk yard. $50

No rust, perfect condition (minnesota is a rusty state, if anything can make it 20 years with no corrosion, thats simply amazing)

The radiator fits PERFECTLY where the AC condenser used to be

Room for intercooler pipes on both sides of the radiator with MINOR trimming of plastic tabs

This baby is thick! 2 full inches! (replacement radiators are like 3/4 thick)

Having been disappointed in replacement OE radiators, let me attest to this one's quality!

There is minor fabrication required to make mounting brackets and lengthing radiator hoses, but its totally worth it! (you also need a DSM water neck w/cap)

Great suggestion! Are the water fittings on the radiator on the same side, like stock, or does one hose need to be a lot longer? Also, did you source your oil cooler and rad fan from the same car? If not, then from what?

Yes, bot fittings are on the same side, the placement is a little different then stock, some muffler pipe and extra DSM radiator hoses solved this problem quickly.

There is an overflow tank tube on the drivers side of the radiator that also needs to be blocked off.

If you want more detailed pics I can get em up monday.

The fan was taken off a friends DSM as payment for my services. its a 10"
(www.siliconeintakes.com has good fans.)

(This radiator measures 12x24 so you cant run the straight blade 14" fans, only the 12" fans, or 10 if thats what you have)

The oil cooler I got from MAPerformance.com, all the an SS lines, fittings and adapters $160, kinda pricy, but I cant afford to lose oil pressure, if i leak coolant i can survive that problem.

gmp

thanks awhole lot fellas i was a little confused on what to do but now i think i can find what im looking for

gmp

what size Scirroco radiator would i need i have no a/c condenser anymore so can i go big?

allrigh, here's a question for ya. That Scirocco rad is 3" thick, so if I put it in the stock location, and want to keep my fans, will I even be able to fit some flexalites in there, or am I screwed? Keep in mind before anyone tells me fans are unnecessary, i live in texas, running the a/c in traffic in the summer I am not comfortable with no fans.

AWDnot2

I have a known to be good rad if you're looking for a stock one.

BoostedAWD91

with the afco radiator, u could fit 2 smaller fans which would just be alittle bit bigger than the radiator so u would have to make a custom bracket for this to work.
what i plan to do since i do not have A/C in the car anymore is just to run one 14" fan which will be plenty to keep it cool while sitting in traffic. i have been running it for 5 months without a fan so far and im not gonna install one till it gets warmer out, its a excellent radiator

atc250r

Staff member
1G DSM radiators will fit with a little work. I know of at least one member here that is running one. It requires that you get a 1G DSM water neck for the t-stat housing too.

John

gmp

i think i will prob go with the afco radiator it seems to be pretty nice and cheaper than most ive found.does anyone know what inlet and outlet point i need for the hoses?
Cause i dont have a motor yet and im not to sure which one i wouuld need to be close to stock set up.

AWDnot2

^^^ When I said I had a rad, I meant that you can have it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned