The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

aws question?

gmp

can someone direct me in the right direction of the link for the"how to remove aws" im having trouble finding one.
the guy before me maybe took some of it off im not really sure if he did a good job or did it right i can see the lines are cut but i don't know much else.

Thanks

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gimpin

sometime when you have a couple hours to waste skim though all the treads in this section click I did it a few weeks ago and learned alot about our cars and this site .... but becareful ... your to do list for your car will expand ALOT after reading the write ups

btw I'm not trying to be an ass just a suggestion that might be helpful ... I'm a newb here myself

tommyp

I was a bit confused when I did the AWS removal too. Besides being a total noob, but not being car illiterate, I was able to find something worthwhile after searching for a couple of hours. I had to sort of read between the lines on what fittings to get, which ones leaked and which ones do not. The one that fit perfectly is one I found here. I picked up a 14mm x 1.5 mm bump to AN adapter and an AN cap. The adapter has o-ring seals. Someone on the board mentioned bump to AN adapter, and *that* was the right one. It fit almost as good as a hot friday night. Just as gimpin says, your honey do list will get large fast. What I first thought was buying a car with a bad headgasket turned out to require a full motor rebuild, new exhaust and many while-I'm-there things.

gmp

thanks alot guys for the info

ls2gto

Unless its leaking i wouldn't remove it.. But thats just me.. I like the AWS. kinda of makes it feel like a RWD car but with better grip up front... Plus how many cars are out there with the AWS option?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned