The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Running cams without SAFC

Lonewolf64

Do keydiver chips exist to compensate for bigger cams? I'm trying to keep my setup dead simple, which means Evo 8 fuel pump/ no AFPR with E3 16g and supporting mods with all the compensation through my keydiver chip.

My pertinent mods include:
2g MAS (redesigned intake) w/ Evo Injectors
ETS FMIC
Evo fuel pump/ No AFPR
E3 16g
3 inch turboback exhaust
Keydiver chip with all the goodies.

I want to add HKS 264 cams to the recipe but don't want to do so unless I can avoid adding an engine management setup. Is it possible?

cOmpressor

Why not just ask keydiver?

I haven't found that cams affect our MAS-based maps very much, other than guys asking for a slightly higher idle rpm. Speed density/MAP-based systems are much more finicky about changes like cams, intakes, exhaust, IMHO.

Terry Posten

That is correct.

Those cams will not effect your idle much at all.

The only thing you will see with just a 264 upgrade is that she will not start to fall on its face at 6400 revs. She will pull to 7200.

That will allow you to take the 1/4 mile in 4th gear instead of shifting into 5th before the line.

cOmpressor

What about stock Evo VIII cams, will they help up top and are they worth the effort?

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts