The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rims and tires 18 x 7.5 w/ 225/40

Thinking about getting rid of my talon now that I have the gvr4. I have a set of 18x7.5 rays 77w with 225/40 42 offset on them. I am curently 4 lug but would hate to let go of those rims. I was wondering if it would fit if I converted to 5 lug. Or do you guys think 18" rims are too big for this car? Thanks for the help in advance.

Thanks for the link. It seems like it will work out for me. It said 18x7.5 with 40 offset works and I have 18x7.5 with 42 offset. To answer my other question are 18" to big for the galant since it comes with 15" stock.

boostedinaz

No 18's aren't to big. They will fit, but if they look good is ones own opinion.

slugsgomoo

there are a few wheel pic threads that have some pictures of vr4's with 18's on 'em. I had turbowops old 18x7 centerline rpm's on my car before i sold them to another friend with a galant. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/rofl.gif

BlitzVR4

Here is a pic of my car. Wheel info are Racing Hart Evolution CP-8 18 X 7.5 42mm offset with 225/40 18. So they do fit.

^^^^^looks nice BlitzVR4. Do they rub with the car that low and what suspension setup is that on your ride. It looks good. Do you have any other pics from other angles?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gordian79

I wouldn't use 18s roads are too messed here in nyc.I had 17s and i felt every crack on the road with rubber band tires.I have stockers now for the winter.

BlitzVR4

Right now the suspension is KYB AGX with Megan Racing EVO springs with 1 coil cut off in the front. It doesn't rub at all.

Here is another pic at a different angle.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts