The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rusty fuel sending unit line broke!!!

As a few others have experienced in the past, I started doing my Walbro pump today, and the outlet line on the top of the sending unit broke while I was trying to detach it from the fuel line.

I've gone through the thread in the how-to section (linked here "Fuel system questions" )

I aim to use the same method John explained in that thread (cutting the old metal line and drilling out the plate to 5/16" and replacing it with flexable 5/16" fuel hose. What I can't figure out is what size the female connection is on the stock fuel line comming from the motor???

Also the thread left me a little confused about AN sizes. What AN size is closest to 5/16"? I am looking for a fitting that has threads on one side and a hose attachment on the other and I find them most commonly in AN sizing.

Please post up any methods you've used to overcome this problem, and the sizes of the fitting used. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

JNR

This is what I used on the connecting end to oem: M14x1.5 to 3/8" JIC (close enough to AN) "adapter".

I used -06AN line and fittings (close to 3/8") mainly cause I have a bunch of line/fittings sitting around and also it's a pretty common size.

^^ Thanks for the info. Did you run the -6 an line right in through the sender, or did you use another JIC bend? Do you have any of this stuff left over you'd want to sell?

Last edited by a moderator:

JNR

Check out that link that is posted and scroll down to my name...

I believe I do have 1 or 2 more fittings, both for the fuel sender unit (needs to be welded to plate) and the 'adapter' from -06 AN (fitting) to OEM female "nut"...I'll check later this evening and let you know.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quote:
An sizing is that number over 16.

5/16 = 5an

But you will not find 5 AN used often except in industrial applications.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quote:
This is what I used on the connecting end to oem: M14x1.5 to 3/8" JIC (close enough to AN) "adapter".

I used -06AN line and fittings (close to 3/8") mainly cause I have a bunch of line/fittings sitting around and also it's a pretty common size.

AN fittings are JIC thread. I did mine the same basic way as JNR did. Welded the AN 6 fitting to the top of the housing, 90* elbow to -6 braided line, the other end a -6 straight attached to the -6/ 14x1.5 Earls adapter to the original rubber fuel line.

JNR

Well, I checked and I have (2) sets of fittings left, so if anybody is interested, please let me know...IIRC, it was $15 shipped for both fittings.

Thanks,

John R.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts