The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Help with stutterbox install

So, I tried to hook the wire up for the studderbox and it no workie... I tried searching, but nothing seems to address this issue.

View Picture, Clutch Switch:

The wire I have tapped into is the black with red stripes which seems be right one for GVR4's. I tested resistance on both wires. They both have almost no resistance, the black and red has just a little bit more. Just to clarify, this wire is hooked to the switch which is pushed in when the clutch is in.

The diode band is on the side closest to the plug. If I hook up the wire from the plug to the diode (so, just like stock, except the diode in line) the clutch switch functions normal. When I hook the wire I ran for the ecu to the band side of the diode and the wire going to the plug, the car will not start, it makes a clicking sound I can hear under the hood and at the ECU.

The only thing I can think of is I am not tapped into the right wire on the ECU. I'm at the smallest plug, the one closest to the firewall. Looking at the plug, the press in release is showing. I hit the second wire over and closest to me. It's black with a small red stripe spread out. See picture of Smallest ECU Plug. There is no label, "Pin #104" so I"m not sure if I'm tapped into the right one.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian

Okay, glad no one replied. A local DSMer figured it out for me. The problem was on the ECU end. You don't tap into the wire, you cut it and only hook it up to the plug end to go into the ECU. I cut the black wire and just hooked up the plug end. Everything work perfect.

For searches, I used a 4003 diode, put the end with the band towards the clutch switch.

Brian

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts