The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

putting rockers back in.

4G63_GSR

is there a special order to put these in? i didn't realize that they were tagged with letters and numbers until i was cleaning them.

Yeah i was wondering so too, i was working on lifters recently and has this problem..

good to ask though, I just took a close look at them and they all looked the same so i threw em back in random order /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif hope that was ok lol

4G63_GSR

yeah, they all look similar but those letters/numbers just throw me off. i actually just took the lifters out of my N/T head to find that the rockers there are marked with numbers only. hmmm. anybody else?

I ran across that too so I miked everything I could about them and came up with the same dimensions no matter what the markings.

It may be that the casting markings designate molds or date made. Since they make a lot of them, it gives a way to track out of spec or failed parts.

CP

Yeah, I'd guess that those are probably lot numbers. They're all the same size.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Still a good idea to keep them in the same place if using the same cam. They do develop wear patterns that match across the two components. If using new cams, I guess all bets are off.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts