The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

rev limiter????

squintz13

Ok i was trying o hook up my stutterbox i looked at the clutch switch and it looks like someone cut the two wires from the connector and twisted them together.. i disconnected the connector and the car still started.. so i spliced into the blue wire on the switch and into the Pin 104 which i believe is located on the smallest plug top row second one in and pushed the clutch in and reved it out....nothing happened but while i did this i noticed a hesitation at like 5k and then i just flew all the way two like 9k isn't there a rev limiter what could be wrong with the way I'm trying to hook the stutterbox up and why doesn't it work....pease help

Are you sure you're working with the LOWER starter interface clutchswitch? What color is the wire that is cut? You should be working on the wires AFTER the connector, not between the connector and the switch, as I don't know the colors of the actual switch wires.

squintz13

The wires that were cut are before the switch it just a conector that plugs into the switch conector they are black/one white dot and another with two white dots along the wires.. after that conector there is a looks like blue wire and a black wire the that go straight to the switch.....do i have Pin #104 right....

fastasleep

Pin 104 is a black wire termed the 'Neutral safety switch' (AT only, grounded in MTs).

ecu-harness-1G.gif

Run a wire directly from that to the clutch switch connector wire (black with red stripe, NOT green!).

squintz13

ok im a little bit cunfused....i dont have a a wire that is black and red unless im looking at the wrong switch.. the one im looking at is the bottom one and is pressed in when the clutch peddle is pushed all the way down.. there is also one on top that releases when clutch peddle is pushed.. (not the one im looking at)... does any one have a picture of theone i should use.. And do i completely cut the wire on pin #104 or do i just splice into itt......

AFTER the connector, not between the connector and the switch.
And, yes, you have to cut the black wire on pin #104 completely OFF, as it is a GROUND wire.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts